Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Public university professor labels NRA terrorist - BFA Post
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 am
I am APPALLED that BFA would list the names and email addresses of the BGSU faculty and staff that opposes the HB 48.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/public-university-professor-labels-nra-murderous-terrorist-organization-threat-national-security

If a liberal anti-gun unAmerican had posted the names and email addresses of the faculty that supported it, then BFA and the gun community would have gone ballistic.

I am embarrassed that BFA resorted to such tactics and I strongly encourage BFA to remove the post as quickly as possible.

Shame on you for resorting to tactics that drag yourselves down to their level.
Post subject: Re: Public university professor labels NRA terrorist - BFA P
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:51 am
What level?
BFA isn't using state provided resources for political purposes. Which is against the law, IIRC.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:57 am
AlanM wrote:
What level?
BFA isn't using state provided resources for political purposes. Which is against the law, IIRC.

BFA not using state resources does not make this an appropriate way to discuss this specific issue.

This sort of article will do nothing but give the anti's fuel to publicly list all of the pro-gun names that they can find.

It's very black and white to me that this is wrong.
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:34 pm
The basic difference is that one group broke the law, the other group are law abiding. Please, understand that essential distinction. Publishing the names of law breakers is a long-honored tradition in the US. Publishing lists of law abiding citizens who happen to have filled out a particular government form is not.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 pm
Not being privy to the content of the mail list that is mentioned, here is the quote from the article in which I specifically have an issue:
Quote:
Other emails from BSGU employees were sent via [email protected] or, in a few cases, their own personal email accounts:
    Carmen Alvarez
    Kata Attrep
    Sara Chambers
    Lynn Darby
    James Evans
    Colleen Fitzgerald
    Enrique Gomezdelcampo
    Beatrice Guenther
    Geoffrey Howes
    Lucinda Hunter
    Steve Langendorfer
    Vera Lux
    Laura Meyer
    Adam O'Dell
    Vipa Phuntumart
    Scott Piroth
    Megan Rancier
    Karen Roderick-Lingeman
    Harold Rosenberg
    Kristen Rudisill
    Laura Sanchez
    Christopher Scholl
    Karen Sirum
    Charlie Stelle
    Robin Tucker-Falconer
    Margaret Yacobucci
    Mary Zachary

Being a member of a mailing list (public or private) and acting upon it to petition with a personal email address is not necessarily illegal.

While I disagree with their opinion, I will fight vigorously for their right to voice it.
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:52 pm
sd790:

I'm not sure that the article you refer to should have included that list of supporters of the Professor's idiotic statements, but in so far that they're using BGSU resources (their e-mail accounts) to stand with him is definitely wrong, too. IMHO, it seems to cross - while two wrongs don't make a right, they kind of asked for it.

The Professor's statement comes straight from the anti organization. That the folks with the guns are over 21 and have some training largely bypasses his concerns about "young kids", and it's sort of downhill from there. Same old "blood in the streets" argument, I think.

I somewhat sympathize with his desire not to have to worry about the guy next to him being armed, but if that guy is legally armed it's not likely that he's at any greater risk, in or outside of a CPZ.

The individuals who are NOT legally armed are the problem, as well as ones who flip out for some reason. Some more mental health v.s. licensing probably does make a little sense (naturally, the anti's would label all of us LAC's as "crazy", but that's another story), but we also need the Police to deal with that. The guy who flips out - that's another reason we're armed. Overall statistics seem to indicate that licensees are generally MUCH safer bets than those who aren't licensed....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:48 am
I love the sentiment voiced in this image and feel it's appropriate at this point in time just after Stu's post.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:36 am
I've done some research and some further thinking here, trying to relate it to my public sector fire/EMS job. What the BGSU employees did would be akin to me writing some politically charged letters on my department's letterhead stationery. If my views happened to be 100% in lockstep with my bosses nothing would likely happen to me but it would still be breaking dept. code of conduct rules, and probably local Civil Service law. You can darn well bet if my stated views DIDN'T go along with said management, bye bye pension if they pushed all the right buttons to take me down.

I don't try to tell people they should go buy a gun if that's not their desire, and I'm damn tired of people on the other side not showing ME the same courtesy. These profs would disarm me totally as part of their ivory tower eggheaded stupidity. When they step over a legal line in stating their desire to do so, that is gloves off game on.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]