Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author
Post subject: Re: Repeal R.C. 2923126(C)(3)(a) Trespass
Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:36 pm
gkh7890 wrote:
Jedi - perhaps I should have been more specific, I am referring to the immunity for any actions taking place on the premises. Like a robbery or something of that nature.

So what can a posted or non-posted business do to prevent a robbery? Why should they not be granted an absolute immunity?
Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:15 pm
gkh7890 wrote:
Its just like SMMA pointed out earlier.

gkh7890:

It's been a long time since somebody said that :D....

"SMMAssociates" is "SMM Associates" - my business. My old CompuServe ID had an underscore in there, back in the day when most people wouldn't have any idea what that meant. Somewhere along the line, I just removed the underscore and space.

It's "Stu" :mrgreen: .

I checked the secret sacred punishments book, and it's not in there. If Sammy finds out, you may need to consider the Witness Protection Program. Otherwise, not to worry.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled flame war :D....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:56 am
JediSkipdogg wrote:
gkh7890 wrote:
Jedi - perhaps I should have been more specific, I am referring to the immunity for any actions taking place on the premises. Like a robbery or something of that nature.

So what can a posted or non-posted business do to prevent a robbery? Why should they not be granted an absolute immunity?

Allow customers to carry to defend themselves and others. Perhaps post this kind of sign....
http://www.political-humor.org/notice-l ... ises.shtml

This "type" of sign may be a better deterrent.....http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/08/27/s ... -necessary

Businesses that are gun-friendly tend to have a reputation in their communities, especially those that post the signs linked above. That would be a good start.

As for your absolute immunity question.....businesses still have a duty of care to the customer (the invitee). If that's the case you want to make (absolute immunity), then why have a duty of care at all? They shouldn't be liable for anything they do or don't do that leads to you or your family members being hurt, injured, or killed while on their premises. For example, they could leave exposed (bare) electric wires hanging down from the ceiling within an arm's reach and they would be immune for any injury resulting from that condition. Immunity was primarily for governmental functions and that is where it should have stayed. IMO.

Lets face it, this immunity piece was a requirement by Taft for him to support the ccw law and it has put the citizens of Ohio in jeopardy ever since. Not only does the business owner get immunity, they get to decide if they want to strip away our 2A rights as well AND everyone is okay with that. Wonder if the business owner's 1A rights were taken from them, how well they'd like that?
Last edited by gkh7890 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:59 am
SMMAssociates wrote:
gkh7890 wrote:
Its just like SMMA pointed out earlier.

gkh7890:

It's been a long time since somebody said that :D....

"SMMAssociates" is "SMM Associates" - my business. My old CompuServe ID had an underscore in there, back in the day when most people wouldn't have any idea what that meant. Somewhere along the line, I just removed the underscore and space.

It's "Stu" :mrgreen: .

I checked the secret sacred punishments book, and it's not in there. If Sammy finds out, you may need to consider the Witness Protection Program. Otherwise, not to worry.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled flame war :D....

Regards,

Stu....I was simply too lazy to type out "SMMAssociates" :egrin:
Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:41 am
gkh7890:

Hmm.... Another violation....

( :mrgreen: )

At my age, I don't have time to spell some of those long names out :D ....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2