Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:14 am
A proposal to let elected officials with CHL's to carry in government buildings.

I wonder if they're proposing it that way to get the lefty urban anti-gun Reps and Senators on board, or at least object to it less? And then change it up and let ALL of us carry in those building we pay for?

Or, do we have a small group of very elitist Ohio House Representatives all of a sudden?

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post subject: Re: Ohio HB 518
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:42 pm
Brian D. wrote:
all of a sudden?
Really?
Has parking lot carry at the state house transferred into parking lot carry for our parking lots?

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:46 pm
Why don't they just make it illegal for anyone other than elected officials to criticize the government.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:28 pm
Liberty wrote:
Why don't they just make it illegal for anyone other than elected officials to criticize the government.

Liberty:

If you can believe some of the Conservative media, Zero is already trying to do that....

Actually, HB518's not the worst idea out of Columbus, IMHO, but it also is one of those "well, we can do it, but you can't" things that rankle us.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:02 pm
Liberty wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
all of a sudden?
Really?
Has parking lot carry at the state house transferred into parking lot carry for our parking lots?

Parking lot carry is lawful for most other public sector employee jobs too, not just the Statehouse.

While I don't think that's good enough, you'll get a strong argument against "decriminalizing" parking lot carry in the private sector, from those same elected officials. In fact I have been to the Statehouse and gotten that lecture about not interfering in private property rights from the Senator who runs the committee most pro-gun bills go through.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:50 am
I was hoping that one BFA honcho or another would have seen this by now. I also contacted them through a Facebook post they put up about the Buckeye Bash.

So far, no replies.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:07 am
Brian D. wrote:
So far, no replies.

I trust this doesn't surprise you, Brian.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:11 am
JustaShooter wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
So far, no replies.

I trust this doesn't surprise you, Brian.

With the legislative process going so slow, there's no need for an immediate reply, I'm reasonable. But to date I've seen no mention of this bill on the BFA site at all, even though other articles were posted up last week.

No OFCC top brass has replied to the forum thread posted by rickt over there, either.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:50 am
Still waiting. It would be peachy keen swell-elegant if BFA's Top Brass would stop in their own forums and make a comment on things like pending legislation on a semi-regular basis.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:32 am
Brian D. wrote:
Still waiting. It would be peachy keen swell-elegant if BFA's Top Brass would stop in their own forums and make a comment on things like pending legislation on a semi-regular basis.

Brian,with your extensive medical background, you know what happens then you hold your breath too long.
Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:22 pm
In order to be consistent with the intent and purpose of HB 518 the legislation should also change the Ohio General Assembly's official title to the House of Lords.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]