Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:39 am
Introduced last week, haven't seen a story about it yet on the BFA site. Introduced by Rep. Becker, several co-sponsors. Briefly, it would do a couple of things:

1) Remove automatic immunity from liability on those businesses that choose to post "No guns allowed" signs. If injured by such an incident you could at least make a civil case for damages and have it heard in court.

2) Decriminalize carrying past one of those signs; if discovered you would still have to leave if asked/told to do so.

I am greatly simplifying this and just mentioning it as a topic starter. Hey, gimme a break, on vacation this week and feeling lazy. Go to the Ohio House site, read up, and come back here with your thoughts, everybody.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post subject: Re: Ohio HB 590
Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:27 pm
Short answer, round file the bill. You can only patch a leaky tire so many times before it totally fails.

Yes it does have a poison pill for businesses posting a sign, but paying my loved ones because I'm dead doesn't sound appealing to me.

The bill only deals with people that have a concealed carry license and are CARRYING CONCEALED.

Other than a court house this bill has no effect on open carry.

It has many other problems I'm not going to address at this time, if ever.

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 131-HB-590
Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:07 am
We might see about adding this bill's useful portions to a better one that's already in (super slow) motion in the General Assembly though. Thank you for adding the link, color of law, I'm working off my phone only while relaxing down here in the NC mountains, making such tasks difficult. For me, anyway.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:12 pm
By the way color of law...I was crossing the street in Spring Valley on Sunday afternoon. Gun store next to an ice cream shoppe, hard to resist. Was that you who drove by in the sporty little car?

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]