Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Renewing CCW License for 2nd time.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:33 pm
Guys,

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I searched and was unable to find an answer. I’ve had my CCW for 10 years ( class and field test included ), renewed it 5 years later, by just showing my CCW and Diploma from initial training class. I have to renew again fairly soon, and wonder what the procedure is now. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a repeat or in the wrong section.

CB54
Post subject: Re: Renewing CCW License for 2nd time.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:57 pm
All you need to do is submit the application and pay the $50 renewal fee. No need for original certificate or anything like that (though some counties require a new photo, and some do not). You can renew in your county of residence or a bordering county, and can do so up to 90 days before expiration.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:25 pm
Thanks, I thought it was something like that. Mine doesn't expire until 2017, but I hate waiting until the last moment to find things out. Again I appreciate it.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:40 pm
CB54:

DO check the selected County's web site for things like appointments, and hours. Some of them are seriously strange.... There should be info on the picture there, too.

I don't think you need to provide all those old addresses, either. Seems to me that the form has been changed to reflect that, but.... I always have fun with that - back in the 70's, I lived in two different apartments in the same complex, and can't remember which one was which. I can't drive by and look, 'cause they re-numbered the buildings and apartment numbers somewhere along the line.... (I'm now living where I was back when I turned 21. The wife and I moved in with my elderly mom to help take care of her, and she decided to Winter in El Paso. She never came back.... I think it was my cooking.... :D)

As to the correct section. I think this is the wrong one, but nobody really cares :mrgreen: . Just (unfortunately) isn't enough action here to worry about. You can always select "show me new posts" and see what's happened since your last visit, irregardless of section.

JustaShooter: Thanks for fielding this one first. Now that we're all deplorable.... :D

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:14 am
Thanks Stu,

I kept all my copies of all my old forms, cause in 15 years my memory is even more forget now. It's hard to remember where ya first lived 40 some years ago. Good idea about checking the counties website.

Thanks for your suggestion.

CB
Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:17 am
The application form did change, as Stu mentioned - you no longer have to list any previous addresses. It does, however, now include some sections that only need to be filled out if you are applying for a sign off on an NFA item like a suppressor or SBR. Just read the application carefully and you should be fine.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]