Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: SB 199 and working at a nuclear power plant.
Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:51 am
First hello to all. I'm new to the forum but have followed your page for a while. Thanks for all you do.

Ok, on to the body of the question. I work at a nuclear power plant. And as much as I have looked I can't seem to find a answer to this. Does SB 199 apply to me? I'm not positive but I believe this is how it works. Power plants fall under critical infrastructure, as such homeland security provides recommendations to the NRC. But the NRC is the governing body over nuclear power.As the rule is now I can not leave my firearm in my car. Before I came to this plant I worked in other power plants, and oil refineries. The rules all seem to be exactly the same. Basically as soon as you drive on to the property you give up your 4th amendment rights. You and your viechel are subject to search.

Thanks in advance for any answers, and I apologize for any fat finger mistakes, I'm posting this from my smart phone.
Post subject: Re: SB 199 and working at a nuclear power plant.
Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:34 am
Well, we all know that federal law usually trumps (no pun intended) state law. But what you're talking about is more like fed regulations; I suggest asking a lawyer who specializes in firearms laws. Look up Derek DeBrosse, he even does YouTube videos in those areas.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 pm
Thanks.
Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:34 pm
I also sent Derek an e-mail on the subject of SB 199, specifically about the "parking lot carry" segment. Used your situation, and others I've read about that are gray area at best, to ask him to expound on one of his videos.

Personally I think that since many types of businesses are "federally regulated" to some extent, there is LOTS of unknown territory here. Wanna get arrested and be a test case? :wink:

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]