Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:12 am
HB 142,as written, does away with notification "COMPLETELY" !

Now I'm hearing from some at the statehouse that the NRA "and" BFA are wanting to compromise and water it down by lessening the penalty, for one thing.
I thought the NRA and BFA were on "our" side.
The heck with what the law enforcement orgs. want.....(not the LE on the street, but the orgs. that represent them, which they really DON'T).
We have reps that are willing to sponser bills like this and the orgs. that are "supposed" to represent us are backing down and caving to these groups !
I understand how the sausage is made down there at our statehouse but for BFA, and of all things, the NRA to come in and not support such legislation, is just appalling.If this is true in regards to the NRA, I will be recinding my lifetime membership.

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
Post subject: Re: HB 142
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 am
Hey Darrel! Not likely you'll get a timely answer, as you already know. Send a PM to jeaton both here and at OFCC forums, he is authorized to speak on behalf of BFA and does so on talk radio across Ohio. I've known Joe for years, he's sincere and honest.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:42 am
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
HB 142,as written, does away with notification "COMPLETELY" !

Now I'm hearing from some at the statehouse that the NRA "and" BFA are wanting to compromise and water it down by lessening the penalty, for one thing.
I thought the NRA and BFA were on "our" side.
The heck with what the law enforcement orgs. want.....(not the LE on the street, but the orgs. that represent them, which they really DON'T).
We have reps that are willing to sponser bills like this and the orgs. that are "supposed" to represent us are backing down and caving to these groups !
I understand how the sausage is made down there at our statehouse but for BFA, and of all things, the NRA to come in and not support such legislation, is just appalling.If this is true in regards to the NRA, I will be recinding my lifetime membership.

I just Did.

3FULLMAGS+1
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:52 am
Brian D. wrote:
Hey Darrel! Not likely you'll get a timely answer, as you already know. Send a PM to jeaton both here and at OFCC forums, he is authorized to speak on behalf of BFA and does so on talk radio across Ohio. I've known Joe for years, he's sincere and honest.

Oooops....I replied to my post instead of yours , Brian, and I couldn't delete it.

But I just PMed Mr. Eaton.

The notification law as is , can't be fixed.
I've had an officer threaten to arrest me, take my lic. and firearm and have my truck impounded when I was already outside my truck and "openly carrying" for not notifying.
I think you are aware of what happen as I posted about it elsewhere, Brian.

3FULLMAGS+1
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:44 am
It is amazing that these politicians and police organizations actually believe that bad guys will notify when police approach them.

What is more amazing is pro-gun groups are willing to negotiate with these imbeciles.
Last edited by color of law on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:18 am
We also need to have our CHL information removed from LE database (and any database that the state/local agencies have shared that info).

_Don_
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:31 am
DonWorsham wrote:
We also need to have our CHL information removed from LE database (and any database that the state/local agencies have shared that info).

I agree, but once the info is in the computer it's there forever, it never goes away.
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:58 pm
color of law wrote:
It is amazing that these politicians and police organizations actually believe that bad guys will notify when police approach them.

They know the bad guys won't. It's not about the bad guys.

It's because those groups all have powers over mere regular people.. and they won't give it up. They want to make sure you know your place and don't get too uppity.

Until not too long ago I used to not believe what I just typed above; and in fact thought that was kind of tin-foil hat crazy. Not anymore.

D.C. has the biggest Swamp that needs drained, but there are also state, county and local Swamps where the insiders like to have power over their neighbors.
Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 am
les nessman wrote:
color of law wrote:

They know the bad guys won't. It's not about the bad guys.

It's because those groups all have powers over mere regular people.. and they won't give it up. They want to make sure you know your place and don't get too uppity.

Until not too long ago I used to not believe what I just typed above; and in fact thought that was kind of tin-foil hat crazy. Not anymore.

D.C. has the biggest Swamp that needs drained, but there are also state, county and local Swamps where the insiders like to have power over their neighbors.
You do know that some people can't handle the truth, don't you?
Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:48 pm
DonWorsham wrote:

That'll never happen. If you have the police issue you a license then it has to be in the police database for the most part. The only way to eliminate that would be to eliminate CHLs and go the route of states where you can carry concealed without a license. Then if you wish to have a license for another state, the info is then placed in the database (as it would need to be for other states to verify it's authenticity.)
Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:11 am
Substitute House Bill 142 SUCKS, BFA leadership. How about you stop letting good legislation get messed up by the spineless Republican "squishie" legislators?

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 am
Thanks for screwing over Ohio licensees with this piece of trash, BFA. The original full repeal bill *would have passed in spite of the LEA objections* according to House leadership.

Now, we are faced with a bill that if it becomes law will cause more problems than it solves. Making it a Minor Misdemeanor with a $25 fine turns it into a money-making machine. LEOs don't have to do the paperwork for an MM that they do for an M4 or higher, so instead of "Officer Discretion" getting applied to cut the licensee a break and keep from having to do the paperwork, they'll just write it up and stick it to the licensee so be prepared for the number of these violations spike. And it just isn't worth it for most people to fight an MM with a $25 fine, so now most will just pay it and have an MM on their record.

All this for something that *shouldn't be a crime in the first place*!

This substitute bill STINKS and needs to die!

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:13 am
Garbage in, garbage out. This tells me you will never see constitutional carry in Ohio. And more of open carry.
Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:10 pm
JustaShooter wrote:
Thanks for screwing over Ohio licensees with this piece of trash, BFA. The original full repeal bill *would have passed in spite of the LEA objections* according to House leadership.

Now, we are faced with a bill that if it becomes law will cause more problems than it solves. Making it a Minor Misdemeanor with a $25 fine turns it into a money-making machine. LEOs don't have to do the paperwork for an MM that they do for an M4 or higher, so instead of "Officer Discretion" getting applied to cut the licensee a break and keep from having to do the paperwork, they'll just write it up and stick it to the licensee so be prepared for the number of these violations spike. And it just isn't worth it for most people to fight an MM with a $25 fine, so now most will just pay it and have an MM on their record.

All this for something that *shouldn't be a crime in the first place*!

This substitute bill STINKS and needs to die!

I did not think of this, but you are exactly right. Also a MM does not entitle us to a jury trial like a M4 does, which will empower prosecutors to push convictions. And what is to stop future legislation from prohibiting issuance or re-issuance of a CHL (and/or from possessing a firearm) if someone has been convicted of failing to inform LEO. All it would take for the legislature to do this is a high profile case of a shooting by someone who failed to inform.

The amendment is an extremely poisonous pill. We need to actively lobby to kill it.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.
Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:27 pm
I think we should understand something about the "law enforcement" objections to our freedoms. Those who voice objections to the legislature are not the rank and file. Those objecting are liberal lawyers (who are prosecutors and technically law enforcement) and the politically appointed (by anti-freedom politicians) chiefs and their high ranking officers whom they appoint.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.
 Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next