Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author
Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:47 pm
color of law wrote:
The leadership of BFA does NOT monitor the forum. Our position doesn't count. How long did it take them to understand the evils of the hidden compartment bill.

Even more so with the severely flawed language in the original HB 203, and in the one post I saw from BFA leadership they essentially told us all we were children who didn't know what we were talking about and to shut up and let the adults handle the big important things.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post subject: Re: HB 142
Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 pm
color of law wrote:
The leadership of BFA does NOT monitor the forum. Our position doesn't count. How long did it take them to understand the evils of the hidden compartment bill.

Kill HB 142, now, if anybody is listening.

How the heck do they know what the members think. Obviously They do not value or opinions! :roll:
Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:34 pm
JustaShooter wrote:
color of law wrote:

Even more so with the severely flawed language in the original HB 203, and in the one post I saw from BFA leadership they essentially told us all we were children who didn't know what we were talking about and to shut up and let the adults handle the big important things.
(my emphasis above)

That and "Do you want something or nothing?" also sounds suspiciously like OFCC at various times...
Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:24 pm
Well, there are now three pages of posts and nothing from BFA brass.

And the NRA is now supporting this crap.

If the NRA and BFA would have gotten behind HB 142 in it original form, we all might have gotten what members of both OFCC and BFA really wanted and closer to getting rid of notification, BUT NO, couldn't do "that", because someone wants the credit for something even though it's a bill that's possibly going to jam up a lot more carriers !

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:28 pm
[quote="color of law"]It is amazing that these politicians and police organizations actually believe that bad guys will notify when police approach them.

What is more amazing is pro-gun groups are willing to negotiate with these imbeciles.[/quot

So BFA and the NRA aren't really "pro"gun groups. CoL....I'm beginning to think NOT !

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:48 am
1) the Buckeye website has several articles on this bill showing progress and problems worth it
2) you don't negotiate with the leo groups, you negotiate with the politicians who makes the vote and let you know what threshold of support VS opposition will allow the bill to move
3) your bfa = anti-gun comment doesn't require a response, you can define anti-gun how you want, we want to continue to make progress however we can
4) if you look back, last session reversed years of history in Ohio. The house used to pass good bills only to see the senate muck them up, for whatever reason it seems just the opposite now
5) this bill still has at least 5-6 more hearings and votes before it can even get to Kasich. As long as the ball is still moving a touchdown is possible but it makes little sense to just stop where you are hope the other team fumbles and you get lucky
6) continue to let your rep and senator know what you want that is where progress is made

Region Leader
Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 pm
JEaton wrote:
1) the Buckeye website has several articles on this bill showing progress and problems worth it
2) you don't negotiate with the leo groups, you negotiate with the politicians who makes the vote and let you know what threshold of support VS opposition will allow the bill to move
3) your bfa = anti-gun comment doesn't require a response, you can define anti-gun how you want, we want to continue to make progress however we can
4) if you look back, last session reversed years of history in Ohio. The house used to pass good bills only to see the senate muck them up, for whatever reason it seems just the opposite now
5) this bill still has at least 5-6 more hearings and votes before it can even get to Kasich. As long as the ball is still moving a touchdown is possible but it makes little sense to just stop where you are hope the other team fumbles and you get lucky
6) continue to let your rep and senator know what you want that is where progress is made

Why no communication with us on the forum until now? We have been complaining about this for years. Posting on the web page is not communication with those following these bills.

Where did this negotiating with the leo groups come from? We all know they are the last group to negotiate with.

Twelve days past from your article and today. That's a problem. No news is perceived to be bad news when it comes to these matters.

As you well know I have no love for OFCC, but I expect better from BFA. You have very knowledgeable participants on this forum, and failing to take advantage of that experience becomes a detriment/loss to BFA.

Just my .02 worth.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 pm
As I have stated in the past, I think the forums are a great place to vet legislation. Not only are there many people here with a wide variety of experience and education, we can see the forest and have been able to identify unintended consequences (and/or surreptitious poison pills), such as those identified in this particular discussion and past legislation like HB 203 a few years back. I don't question the motives of BFA leadership, but I do think sometimes you guys (and gals) don't see the forest for the trees. That is just something that happens when you are too close.

I understand that the amendments to HB 142 appear on paper to move the laws in the right direction, and that it may be all that can be achieved at this time, but legitimate issues regarding the practical effect of those amendments were raised here that suggest that the actual implementation may result in steps backwards. While we de-Taft Ohio's firearms legislative schemes, lets be careful not to Kasich/DeWine them. It will take us ten years to de-Kasich/DeWine them.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.
Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:00 pm
Hi
Well one way to get there attention is to hit them in the wallet. I am not buying any more chances for there firearm raffles. Also asking my sons to refrain from purchasing tickets .. I know small potato's to the mighty BFA, but something. I usually buy several tickets but it is something I can do.
Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:47 am
Just FYI this bill is scheduled for a full House vote today.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3