Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Columbus mayor proposes new city gun laws..
Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:15 pm
And good old toothless Ohio Revised Code 9.68, so-called preemption, crafted nearby by our Statehouse squishes a few years ago, may not be able to stop him. Way to go, Ohio General Assembly!

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post subject: Re: Columbus mayor proposes new city gun laws..
Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 pm
What next sanctuary city?
Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:08 am
Brian D. wrote:
And good old toothless Ohio Revised Code 9.68, so-called preemption, crafted nearby by our Statehouse squishes a few years ago, may not be able to stop him. Way to go, Ohio General Assembly!

Care to elaborate?
Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:06 pm
ConnorGoodwolf wrote:
Brian D. wrote:

Care to elaborate?

I believe Brian D. means that 9.68 has no teeth. Unlike Kentucky, it's a slap on the wrist, may pay attorney's fees.
In Kentucky a violation can land a public servant in jail. See KRS 65.870. I believe that is what Brian D. meant by his statement.
Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:07 pm
Been unable to post here, board kept logging me out. But yes, color of Law interpreted my statement correctly: States such as Kentucky and Florida have preemption with enforcement teeth.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:27 am
Brian D. wrote:
Been unable to post here, board kept logging me out. But yes, color of Law interpreted my statement correctly: States such as Kentucky and Florida have preemption with enforcement teeth.

The new software is purchased, and tech guys are working on the new forums as we speak. All the little technical issues with this old phpBB board will be gone soon enough :wink:

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:53 pm
Well, Columbus and Cincinnati got (politely, painlessly) smacked down by judges so far, in their attempts to ignore ORC 9.68.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:52 pm
Aaron wrote:
Brian D. wrote:

The new software is purchased, and tech guys are working on the new forums as we speak. All the little technical issues with this old phpBB board will be gone soon enough :wink:

Almost two weeks since you stated that, and the glitches are still happening, although not as frequently.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:42 pm
Brian D. wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Brian D. wrote:

Almost two weeks since you stated that, and the glitches are still happening, although not as frequently.

Brian, don't hold your breath.
Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:18 pm
If this post shows up, I'll be surprised.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]