Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:14 am
I was hoping to see the Buckeye Firearms Foundation listed in the CFC list of charities for the CFC this coming year.
This a source of revenue for some components of NRA and GOA. The BFF leadership may want to consider the pros and cons of getting involved in this. Maybe BFF has already. http://www.heartofohiocfc.org/charity_information.html
Last edited by paazig on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post subject: Re: Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) - a.k.a. United Way
Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:40 pm
Not sure what's meant by "CFC - a.k.a. United Way". The Combined Federal Campaign is for Federal employees only, and you can indeed give to the NRA Foundation (CFC #11872) through specifying that your contribution go there. However, the United Way is completely separate, and, unfortunately, I know of no way to give to any firearms-friendly foundations through it. If someone is aware of such a way, please let us know.
Post subject: Re: Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:16 pm
johnsoda wrote:
Not sure what's meant by "CFC - a.k.a. United Way". The Combined Federal Campaign is for Federal employees only, and you can indeed give to the NRA Foundation (CFC #11872) through specifying that your contribution go there. However, the United Way is completely separate, and, unfortunately, I know of no way to give to any firearms-friendly foundations through it. If someone is aware of such a way, please let us know.

Of course you are most accurate regarding my mention of United Way. I was incorrect and I edited the title text.

In addition to the link I posted earlier here's the one OPM keeps. http://www.opm.gov/cfc/index.asp
Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:23 pm
No problem. I wish I could give to the NRA Foundation or another such organization through the United Way. I end up designating my United Way gift to the Boy Scouts, even though I was never a Boy Scout and have never been involved with them in any way. I'm just tired of hearing about the politically correct attacks on them. Many Boy Scout outfits also promote shooting.

I used to work as a civilian employee of the DoD, and I always designated my gift to the NRA Foundation through CFC.
Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:30 pm
I used to always give to breast cancer research. When My First Sargent ask why. I replied that I had to do what I could to save Gods gift to men. There is no such thing as a bad breast in my mind. (.V.) Ok back to the gun issue, if I am going to give money towards protecting my guns rights I will do it myself and not through a third party.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

-Samuel Adams
Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:19 am
Zack...a lot of employers have matching donation programs, and certain benefits through employment with them for charitable donation. The employee determines specifically where their donation goes by chosing from that groups "list". If the donations are going to be done through your work...and you can pick where it goes, why not send some to a 2A organization. It would be better to donate directly, but many times the amount is doubled by the company... :idea:

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:34 pm
I was hoping to see BFF listed as a charity in this years CFC booklet. Didn't see it. http://www.cowvcfc.org/

NRA Life Member / BFA/BFF Supporter / OFCC Member
------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspire some and you'll annoy others. I strive to do both.
------------------------------------------------------------------
 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]