Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:39 pm
I was thinking for donating $20 to $50 to the BFA, currently that is a lot of money in my household. I just had reconstructive surgery on my left foot to repair most of the damaged that started when I was in the Army back in the 60s. The V.A. said they could see me in a year or so, I have to run a farm, so the V.A. is out of the question.

For good causes, I can dig up some money here or there. But the BFA endorsed Charlie Wilson who overtly supports the 2A, but has voted for bills and projects that covertly are against lawful gun owners.
Like the medical community, who says firearms are a major cause of injury or death. I though people killed people. There are many complex issues behind candidates these days, it is not cut and dry, like it was back in the 60s and 70s. Many say one thing and then do something else, or worse by voting for bills that nullifies the original promise thru an add on to some bill in congress.

I think the whole idea of endorsements need to be stated by the membership or just done away with all together. This is what I told the NRA this week, they were concerned when I pointed out where Mr. Wilson had reversed his stance by voting for other bills that had a few "riders" added to the bill.

Jerry Smith
Somerton, Ohio

A Closed Mouth Gathers No Foot

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Gun Owners of America
Crossbow Nation
American Legion
Post subject: Re: I was thinking about......
Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:08 pm
...yeah not sure how the endorsements are done - but surely they are single-issue... as was discussed in that other thread in "ohio politics/2A", there are oftentimes seemingly minute things these people do that adversley affects gun rights, though i'd suspect it's very hard for grassroots (or even the NRA for that matter) to keep track of it all...

one thing i do think should be considered when issuing a "grade" or endorsement is who the congressperson votes for in the party leadership positions.. for instance if charlie wilson votes for a rabidly anti-gun, like pelosi, to be speaker, that sure as hell should impact his "NRA grade", "BFA grade/endorsement", and so on! this should be easy to track every legislative session..

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post subject: Re: I was thinking about......
Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:25 am
Wiley,

I agree with you, it is much more complex than these guys just being a NRA memebrs that never directly voted for any antigun legislation.

But then again the Congress of the United States is exempted from the bulk of the laws they pass, so maybe Pelosi has a custom Baby Eagle in 357 Automag in her purse to use encase the USAF wants to hi jack their 737 or was it a 757 back. :D

The nerve of those Air Force people wanting to use that plane for something like wounded service people or relief supplies for some ally who has a catastrophic problem. I think she can made do with a Army C-26. She can leave her friends and staff home.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... t/c-26.htm

Jerry

A Closed Mouth Gathers No Foot

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Gun Owners of America
Crossbow Nation
American Legion
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]