Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 am
SC-JG wrote:
1stMarDiv wrote:
NY exactly my thoughts, But that new law made something like 70 percent of currently owned pistols illegal to sell, I might be wrong but it is very concerning that an entire state of people seem to have just laid down and took it where the sun don't shine. without a whimper. very curious that I haven;t heard nearly a word from NY citizens about it. It;s almost like no big deal to them, and its the closest thing to getting neutered that I can imagine

"NYSRPA, in co-operation with the NRA, are having the Cuomo law reviewed by a highly qualified legal team. We ask that no other 3rd party legal action be taken without prior consultation. We realize that this law impacts a large number of people, but a proper legal review will take some time. NYSRPA/NRA will be filing a Notice of Claim prior to submitting a brief on the merits of the constitutionality of the new gun law. Involved in the lawsuit will be two of the nations best 2nd Amendment attorneys. This is a very important proceeding and must be handled properly with the best lawyers. We will not win without support from gun owners. You can help either by joining/renewing your membership or making a online donation.

Please do not call or e-mail the office or directors asking for more information. Any announcements on this issue will be published here on our website. Thank you for your understanding."
http://www.nysrpa.org/

Honestly, I wouldn't expect the media to give much voice to those protesting.

http://www.news10.com/story/20630358/gu ... at-capital
Thousands attend ‘Guns Across America’ rally at NY Capitol

This is good to know information. My concern is that almost the same ban has been inplace for a decade in CA, and it hasn't been struck down or deemed unconstituional by SCOTUS. I don't think States or the federal government can restrict the Bill of Rights, which are univeral individual rights. However, this hasn't been the practice of the past, with things like the CA AWB in place and seemingly unchallenged. I think this damages the NRA & NYSRPA legal case in NY.

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post subject: Re: Gun Confiscation
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am
Quote:
this is good to know information. My concern is that almost the same ban has been inplace for a decade in CA, and it hasn't been struck down or deemed unconstituional by SCOTUS. I don't think States or the federal government can restrict the Bill of Rights, which are univeral individual rights. However, this hasn't been the practice of the past, with things like the CA AWB in place and seemingly unchallenged. I think this damages the NRA & NYSRPA legal case in NY.

My thoughts exactly, the longer things go unchallenged the more validity they seem to hold. Californians haven't been able to overcome the oppressive nature of their government and as the plague spreads to NY, CT and others, Before we know it, we will all be oppressed. And if anyone thinks for a minute they will stop with removing our gun rights think again. The media, so vocal about their freedom of speech will only see the value of the 2nd amendment when the government has disarmed us and we have no way to fight the powers to be in their attack on the rest of our rights.

Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. J.P. Sartre

It is not my duty to die for my country, but to help others die for theirs. Gen Patton
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:01 pm
In regards to NY and CA, there seems to be a cascade effect that "makes" it hard to challenge these laws anyway. Their populations have voted in legislatures and executives that have created laws that infringe on their rights. If the majority of those voting think the way of their representatives, then likely there aren't enough people that want to see this overturned legislatively to make a difference..... the next issue is a court populated by judges that aren't strict constitutionalists..... and then we end up where we are.....

I've recently had students in class from both states, and while they disagree with the 2A restrictions in their states, they admit they are in the minority.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:28 pm
robertov416 wrote:
In regards to NY and CA, there seems to be a cascade effect that "makes" it hard to challenge these laws anyway. Their populations have voted in legislatures and executives that have created laws that infringe on their rights. If the majority of those voting think the way of their representatives, then likely there aren't enough people that want to see this overturned legislatively to make a difference..... the next issue is a court populated by judges that aren't strict constitutionalists..... and then we end up where we are.....

I've recently had students in class from both states, and while they disagree with the 2A restrictions in their states, they admit they are in the minority.

We are not a democracy where "majority rules", we are a Constitutional Republic which means that the majority are bound by the rules set down by the Constitution.

aka OhioPaints
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:49 pm
Ken45 wrote:
robertov416 wrote:

We are not a democracy where "majority rules", we are a Constitutional Republic which means that the majority are bound by the rules set down by the Constitution.

...but only if the courts overrule the unconstitutional laws, otherwise IMHO we are effectively a democracy when the majority makes laws that effect all of us, even those restricting the Constitution
Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:30 pm
robertov416 wrote:
Let's face it, if "they" decide to come for your guns at 3am in the morning, who's to stop them? It won't make the headlines, and if it does, the article will mention some whack-job that was a threat for "this, that, and the other".

Isolating households and "stacking up" on your door in the middle of the night will cut down on your opposition to their confiscation. There was plenty of practice for this in recent wars.

What can you possibly do but comply?

That's not going to happen, ..... for long. After the first few "raids" Politicians, council members, Mayors, Judges, and police commanders would begin to be directly targeted. Needless to say after all of the above demand 24/7 protection (which won't matter in the end) there won't be enough personnel left to think about enforcing those laws. Read up on 4th generation warfare, scares the heck outta me!

Jim

Ohio Oath Keepers
State Secretary and L.E. Liaison
Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:38 pm
Whether you're raided at night or not, the constitution is slowly being torn up bit by bit and it seems a lot of Americans (liberal mostly) have turned their backs, especially the anti-gun mob. And if and when you get raided, then media is always on stand-by with their pre-planned statements saying that some gun nut, anti-government domestic terrorist was raided and had his "arms" confiscated then every news anchor and guest will come on saying the same old thing, rhetoric about heavy fire power etc...

What needs to be done is of course get rid of these fascist liberal goons and continue to speak up. More and more I keep seeing and hearing about how our common sense is being eroded. People are fed up and we're at a breaking point, be it illegal immigrants getting special treatment, open borders, calling children penguins... it's a mad house out there and I truly think these liberal-minded psychopaths are destroying everything they can as they leave office. The moment they institute more buy-backs or hand-ins or new regulations, is the day this country is sitting like a duck in a wading pool surrounded by (foreign) sharp shooters.

The 2nd Amendment in my opinion is the most important thing about America. Nowhere else in the world does this happen. Once that is gone, all bets are off.
Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:43 pm
I had a guy in my class this past week from upstate NY. I didn't sound like he was taking it sitting down. But he did point to the example of the former Canadian long gun registration where over 70% went unregistered despite billions spent to get them to do otherwise.[/quote]

The Canadian long gun registration was a public relations nightmare and a fiasco. And the government knew it. And despite its righteous liberal sense of reason, most knew it would fail, as did I (Canadian). In fact sales of rifles and restricted guns went up drastically. Canadian gun owners are carefully following what happens down here with respect to the 2nd Amendment. We have just as many (undocumented) guns as are legal ones down here.
Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:19 am
Jacko, you're right.. The country is eroding.. I hear this all the time from strangers.
Just the other day I was talking to a guy working in teh plumbing department about what type of pipe to get.. He suggested galvanized steel.. I suggested I was put off by it because even though it's galvanized it will rust.

He said ya but that's 15 years from now.. Think this country has 15 years?

I hear this stuff all the time, the mood of your avg person is quiet grim.
Eventually it'll boil over just not sure the final straw or what will happen but most people can "feel" something coming.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:56 pm
the gun control reversal in Canada of late, most notably the scrapping of the long gun registry, is rather unprecedented, ..those folks should be commended for fighting to do away it, and ultimately electing people to deliver!

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
 Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3