Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:09 am
Let's face it, if "they" decide to come for your guns at 3am in the morning, who's to stop them? It won't make the headlines, and if it does, the article will mention some whack-job that was a threat for "this, that, and the other".

Isolating households and "stacking up" on your door in the middle of the night will cut down on your opposition to their confiscation. There was plenty of practice for this in recent wars.

What can you possibly do but comply?
Post subject: Re: Gun Confiscation
Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:08 am
Let me remove my tin foil hat and lets think here...

all solders are required to say the following .

I, (YOUR NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

this would be in direct violating of the Constitution of the United States of America.
many police departments have spoken out that they will not do this and as a member of the armed services you are to uphold the constitution first , if orders are given to do so you will see a uprising of the armed forces that will be a conflict of orders and the constitution will be upheld first as it reigns supreme as the law of the land .

further more if numbnuts tries to do this he would be held as a domestic terrorist and tyranny will be the down fall as it will start with the armed forces and trickle down to civilian firearm holders and will set the USA into a world of hurt and there would be a mass uprising and the next civil war . personally i don't foresee king dipshit doing this . right now what you are seeing and hearing is the political version of shock and awe . hit them with words and try to scare them into surrender , with the media backing the politicians it can be a very powerful psychological effect ..

i do not foresee a search and seizure of firearms in the future just a bunch of political crap that is just to shake the cages of the American people .. and unfortunately the future generations are buying it ..

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:13 pm
What is currently stopping federal TSA VIPR teams from doing random searches of buses and creating random highway checkpoints for searches? This seems like a lot of searches that run contrary to the spirit of the 4th Amendment. Since they are part of Homeland Security, it doesn't seem much of a stretch to think they could come knocking on your door and violate your 2nd Amendment.

But, perhaps you're right... either the word would get out some how that this was taking place and only a few would be "lost before the alert", or enough people on these teams would have issue with the constitutionality of their actions.
Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:03 pm
Most of us aren't waiting up at night for the swat team.

But they can't go to every door at once, They simply don't have the man power to send even just 1 person to every house at the same time, And that's the problem there would be to much notice ahead of time to get everyone.

It likely wont happen that way anyway, they know they don't have the man power for something like that even if they passed a law demanding you turn your guns in, they would instead just pick you off after the deadline as you popped up on the radar. (neighbor sees you with a gun, calls it in for example)

If they went door to door there would be a civil war, no if's or but's.
It's to radical and dangerous a move... for now.

I wouldn't worry about surprise raids in the middle of the night, you'll have some warning unless you're one of the firsts.. unlikely.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:12 pm
Rich 2.0 wrote:
Let me remove my tin foil hat and lets think here...

all solders are required to say the following .

I, (YOUR NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

this would be in direct violating of the Constitution of the United States of America.
many police departments have spoken out that they will not do this and as a member of the armed services you are to uphold the constitution first , if orders are given to do so you will see a uprising of the armed forces that will be a conflict of orders and the constitution will be upheld first as it reigns supreme as the law of the land .

further more if numbnuts tries to do this he would be held as a domestic terrorist and tyranny will be the down fall as it will start with the armed forces and trickle down to civilian firearm holders and will set the USA into a world of hurt and there would be a mass uprising and the next civil war . personally i don't foresee king dipshit doing this . right now what you are seeing and hearing is the political version of shock and awe . hit them with words and try to scare them into surrender , with the media backing the politicians it can be a very powerful psychological effect ..

i do not foresee a search and seizure of firearms in the future just a bunch of political crap that is just to shake the cages of the American people .. and unfortunately the future generations are buying it ..

Well said & reasoned, RICH - I'm about where you are on this. We'll remain vigilant!

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:38 pm
As a former US Marine I love my right to have, bare and keep firearms. In fact i believe wholeheartedly in all the axioms provided by the constitution. And all the saber rattling in the world isn't going to change the minds of the self righteous. The only thing a bully understands is a bloody nose and a black eye. I am curious to see how many of those staunch 2nd amendment rights watchdogs could actually have the nuts, when they come for your guns, to level an AR15 at the police with their kids in their bed rooms sleeping peacefully. I honestly don't have the answer, for me, it was never about dying for my country, it was about helping others die for theirs. Now faced with dying for mine, by mine, it is almost surreal concept. How many people, in these days of comforts and luxuries are "really" going to give it all up, everything they know or will ever know to stand up to the heavy hand of the US government. Ideally I would hope the answer would be everyone, but my mind tells me very few. I personally have put my X wife on notice that if I show up with the kids and their clothes (i have custody), I'm probably not coming back. I pray it never comes to that, and if our democracy works like its supposed to it won't. But with the main stream media giving our king a non stop blow job, with politicians, unwilling to uphold their oaths, I'm not sure for the first time in my life that things will be just fine. Our founding fathers were putting out a fire that had already started and that is why I think they were hero's. We the people were left to insure that the fire didn't reignite, and it has begun to smolder once again. And if things don't change, flash over will be reached, and all that will be left are the ashes of freedom and civil rights. An utter wasteland of something that once meant SOMETHING.

Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. J.P. Sartre

It is not my duty to die for my country, but to help others die for theirs. Gen Patton
Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 pm
Who or what will be the modern day Paul Revere? (if you haven't read the book below, it's a great read!)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3208 ... ere_s_Ride

Paul Revere's midnight ride is a legendary event in American history - yet it has been largely ignored by scholars, and left to patriotic writers and debunkers. Now one of the foremost American historians offers the first serious study of this event - what led to it, what really happened, what followed - uncovering a truth more remarkable than the many myths it has inspired. In Paul Revere's Ride, David Hackett Fischer has created an exciting narrative that offers new insight into the coming of the American Revolution. From research in British and American archives, the author unravels a plot that no novelist would dare invent - a true story of high drama and deep suspense, of old-fashioned heroes and unvarnished villains, of a beautiful American spy who betrayed her aristocratic British husband, of violent mobs and marching armies, of brave men dying on their doorsteps, of high courage, desperate fear, and the destiny of nations. The narrative is constructed around two thematic lines. One story centers on the American patriot Paul Revere; the other, on British General Thomas Gage. Both were men of high principle who played larger roles than recent historiography has recognized. Thomas Gage was not the Tory tyrant of patriot legend, but an English Whig who believed in liberty and the rule of law. In 1774 and 1775, General Gage's advice shaped the fatal choices of British leaders, and his actions guided the course of American events. Paul Revere was more than a "simple artizan, " as his most recent biographer described him fifty years ago. The author presents new evidence that revolutionary Boston was a world of many circles - more complex than we have known. Paul Revere and his friendJoseph Warren ranged more widely through those circles than any other leaders. They became the linchpins of the Whig movement. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere played that role in a manner that has never been told before. He and William Dawes were not the only midnight riders.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:59 am
I honestly don't believe any of these scenarios are going to play-out in the foreseeable future or in my lifetime. However, I'll "play".

My children are grown, and I'm not all that old (47), so I would stand for what I believe is essential for the freedom of my children and generations to come, even if it's a final stand. I can only die once.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:43 am
SC-JG wrote:
I honestly don't believe any of these scenarios are going to play-out in the foreseeable future or in my lifetime. However, I'll "play".

More of a "frog in a boiling pot of water" kinda guy, eh?

Quote:
My children are grown, and I'm not all that old (47), so I would stand for what I believe is essential for the freedom of my children and generations to come, even if it's a final stand. I can only die once.

Was reading a couple of things recently that your mention of age reminds me of that I still need to digest and reflect on, but it went something like:

A man is generally most dangerous in two phases of his life, from his 20-30 years old when he still has little responsibility, and can more boldy act out on new found values and ideologies; and then from 50-60 years old when his nest is empty and he still has a "final roar" left and the energy to make a stand on his values, unencumbered by worries of little ones at home nor being caught up in "Americana" or "don't rock the boat" as they tend to be in the 30's and 40's.

We still have a large segment of Boomers in the "final roar" era of their life that might make "in your face" confiscation difficult, so it might be easier to just "turn up the heat on the frog"..... for now at least.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:49 am
robertov416 wrote:

Not exactly.

It's obvious that there are those who have the disarmament if the American people high on their agenda; recently, they have gained some significant ground (NY). This needs to be fought against by every lawful means possible. I just don't think that it's risen to the house to house confiscation point yet, and I have some hope that it came be squelched before it does.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:17 am
SC-JG wrote:
robertov416 wrote:

Not exactly.

It's obvious that there are those who have the disarmament if the American people high on their agenda; recently, they have gained some significant ground (NY). This needs to be fought against by every lawful means possible. I just don't think that it's risen to the house to house confiscation point yet, and I have some hope that it came be squelched before it does.

New York may prove to be a test of people's willingness for "civil disobedience".
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:38 am
What I think is that the gun grabbers started out thinking the winds were in their favor when Sandy Hook happened. They had been preparing for a long time and jumped in with both feet, expecting the tragedy to give them smooth sailing. They even had a plan in place to vilify the NRA.

They discovered that they misjudged the American people.

Reason has prevailed across the country vs. the hysteria they expected.

Instead of the NRA being shunned as they planned, instead broad support for the NRA emerged and minimal support for their gun banning plan, except for their paid shills.

So they had to back off. Of course they originally asked for the moon and hoped they could get it but instead they found too much rational opposition.

Feinstein has significantly backed off of her original December plans as detailed on her website. Even her submitted, greatly reduced bill doesn't look very promising in Congress, not even in the Democratically controlled Senate.

This is not to say that we have won by any means. I still expect some dirty tricks. We have to continue the pressure and not give one inch! An inch today, an inch the next time, eventually they will get the entire 9 yards.

One of my big fears is that soon there will be another massacre designed to give them more sympathy. I hope not.

Ken

aka OhioPaints
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:00 pm
Ken45 wrote:
This is not to say that we have won by any means. I still expect some dirty tricks. We have to continue the pressure and not give one inch! An inch today, an inch the next time, eventually they will get the entire 9 yards.

One of my big fears is that soon there will be another massacre designed to give them more sympathy. I hope not.

Ken

There will be another massacre, regardless of what laws are passed or not. These events are really nothing new.

Living is a dangerous endeavor which always end the same way- with death. Freedom makes that finite life more enjoyable and meaningful, and also a bit more dangerous in some ways.

It's this concept which many people either refuse, or are unable, to comprehend.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 pm
Ken45 wrote:
What I think is that the gun grabbers started out thinking the winds were in their favor when Sandy Hook happened. They had been preparing for a long time and jumped in with both feet, expecting the tragedy to give them smooth sailing. They even had a plan in place to vilify the NRA.

They discovered that they misjudged the American people.

Reason has prevailed across the country vs. the hysteria they expected.

Instead of the NRA being shunned as they planned, instead broad support for the NRA emerged and minimal support for their gun banning plan, except for their paid shills.

So they had to back off. Of course they originally asked for the moon and hoped they could get it but instead they found too much rational opposition.

Feinstein has significantly backed off of her original December plans as detailed on her website. Even her submitted, greatly reduced bill doesn't look very promising in Congress, not even in the Democratically controlled Senate.

Ken

Incremental gains work in both directions though. It seems that much that we currently enjoy in Ohio has been brought to this point incrementally.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:53 pm
robertov416 wrote:
Incremental gains work in both directions though. It seems that much that we currently enjoy in Ohio has been brought to this point incrementally.

I agree with you on the state level. However, I don't see that happening on the federal level. I wish it would happen on the federal level.

The only thing that I can think of on the federal level that has passed in our favor was National Park carry. In the grand scheme of 2A infringements, that's fairly small.

Ken

aka OhioPaints
 Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next