Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: spare parts to keep on hand
Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:00 pm
I bought an A2 buchmaster AR15 back right after osama I mean Obama got elected. I've been thinking about things lately maybe even wearing my tin foil hat. I've looked at some repair kits online for the AR platform. I wondering what repair or replacement parts I should have on hand. Ice barely even shot my rifle I need to get to the range.

Post subject: Re: spare parts to keep on hand
Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:43 pm
A spare bolt and carrier group. If you have a firing pin failure or wear out an extractor it's a drop in part from being operational again. Gun scrubber, rem-lube and pipe cleaners.

Proud Member of the NRA, Crossbow Nation, Buckeye Firearms Association, Ohio Freedom Alliance

So! This is how liberty dies...With thunderous applause.
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:51 pm
Ive seen spring and detent pin kits. I guess they are cheap enough to have just in case. Thanks for the reply.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:10 am
spare charging handle..
batteries - for an optic if you have one...
front sight adjustment tool..

i have a vltor stock on one of mine, it's got two compartments on either side that are great to store batteries, firing pin, sight adjustment tool, etc.

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:29 pm
Quote:
I bought an A2 buchmaster AR15 back right after osama I mean Obama got elected. I've been thinking about things lately maybe even wearing my tin foil hat. I've looked at some repair kits online for the AR platform. I wondering what repair or replacement parts I should have on hand. Ice barely even shot my rifle I need to get to the range.

I wondered the exact same thing. God forbid that maniac, Obama actually round up enough support to get his beloved permanent "assault weapons" ban in place and everyone that owns one is suddenly screwed because they can't get replacement parts for them ever again. This and ammo has always been our Achilles heel. Figure out a way to stop off the flow of ammo and parts to repair the firearms you don't want out in public and eventually you create a de facto gun ban simply by squeezing off the supply of critical parts and equipment. Personally I think this tactic is very high on the anti 2A list of dirty tricks.

In fact to see this is actually true just harken back to about a year ago when Obama, again through regulation instead of law, tried to stop the flow of spent military brass from being purchased by the civilian market so you could stop the flow of precious .223 and other types of ammo. Had he been successful he would have driven up the cost of .223 ammo so high and driven the supply so low for the civilian market that it would have become almost unaffordable to many, many people and essentially reduced a large portion of the "assault rifles" to expensive paper weights!

Fortune Hunter

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin
Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:41 pm
..and obama's EPA had a proposition to ban lead ammo and fishing weights, which the NRA, and grassroots shot down.

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 pm
Quote:
..and obama's EPA had a proposition to ban lead ammo and fishing weights, which the NRA, and grassroots shot down.

True, but that was also because there was a specific law on the books that prevented the EPA from regulating lead in ammo. Unfortunately there are so many other areas that aren't so protected such as the selling of spent military brass to second hand dealers. Yes, this to was turned back, but I believe we were lucky here. Obama is just bidding his time on some of these things. He wants a second term so he isn't going to go too far right now. If he gets a second term, watch out, he will start regulating all kinds of stuff and won't care about public opinion or outcry... dictators never do.

Fortune Hunter

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:20 am
Spare charging handle is right!!!!

I had to use mine already, and need to replace it. Primer popped out of a case while firing, and lodged between the carrier and the upper reciever wall. Locked the rifle up with the bolt half way in/out. Only time I have legitimately used the forward assist. After ratcheting the bolt home, I was able to pop the upper off. Then I had to destroy the charging handle to remove the bolt carrier and get the primer out of there.

DON'T TAKE JUNK AMMO AS BARTER FOR WORKING ON SOMEONES GUN!

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:30 pm
My spare parts kit just shipped from bushmaster and I ordered it just after starting this thread that's one Hell of a backorder. I had forgotten that I ordered it until this morning when my wife asked what I ordered from bushmaster when she checked the bank account.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:37 pm
I tried to keep spares around, but they kept growing into complete rifles. ;)

I try to keep a gas tube, gas rings, bolt, carrier and lower parts kit in hand, but like I said, they end up morphing into another gun.....damn it.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]