Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:49 pm
I have been doing a lot of reading and researching on them and so far I'm very impressed.

I requested a catalog a while back and they said it would take about a month to get it out to me. This was during the peak of all the craziness going on earlier this year so I figured that was normal for a company who specializes in making ARs. The Catalog was there a week later in a hand addresses envelope to me. This was impressive to me as I had requested a catalog from a different company the same day and didn't receive it until about a month later and they had told me it would only take 2 weeks.

From what I can tell everything is Mil-Spec or Higher and the bolt carrier assembly is MP inspected, which for a rifle that is around $1k that isn't a bad deal at all.

Only issue is I haven't seen any in Ohio and would like to at least get my hands on one before buying one.

Anyone know where I can find one in the central Ohio area? LEPD doesn't have any, Vances is sold out currently I believe, Blackwing doesn't have them either as well as Delta Epsilon, however the owner there said he was very impressed with the quality of the few he has had go through his shop.

So does anyone here have any experience with them at all?

Thanks in advance!

|Glock 23 Gen4|Glock 22 Gen3|Aero Precision X15|1942 Mosin Nagant|

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Post subject: Re: Core 15 Rifles
Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:13 am
I've looked at them before but just passed because they were a newer company. Typically in the $900-1100 price range I can get carbine from a manufacturer that's been around a while. This carbine will have a bit better barrel (11595E certified). The bolt is indeed magnafluxed (MP inspected), but I'm not sure if it's batch tested or individually tested.

No knock against them, but if I'm spending a grand, I'm going to do it with a company with a proven track record. No offense to CORE, I'll just wait until someone else wrings them out to confirm they're worth it.

And the guys at the gun counter handle the guns...they don't often shoot them. So while I value their input...I wouldn't base my decision on it.
Post subject: Re: Core 15 Rifles
Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:57 pm
I own a Core15 M4. For the price, it is a good rifle. It's not a Noveske or LWRC, but it's also not the price of either of those. It's a basic MSR in the right price range for what you get. Easily on par with a Bushmaster, Windham, Rock River, CMMG, etc.

Conceal Cincinnati
NRA Certified Instructors serving the Cincinnati Area
www.concealcincinnati.com
www.facebook.com/concealcincinnati
www.twitter.com/concealcincy
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]