Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:10 am
I just received my 80% lowers from Tactical Machining and wil begin tooling up my CNC mill. If all goes well, I'll try some 30%ers. Just wondering - does anybody know where on the west side Cleveland area I can get them type III mil-spec anodized? Parts can be damaged if not properly prepared, so I need somebody experienced with the AR-15 parts. Thanks.
Post subject: Re: Anodizing 80% lowers
Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:17 pm
Don't of any on the west side.

On east side there is Bedford Anodizing and Wagner Rustproofing. I dont know if they do the mil-spec or not, but I have worked with both through my job for black and hard-coat anodizing.

--
NRA Life Member
Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:24 pm
Yes, heard of them. I'd really like to get some feedback from somebody who has had it done on AR parts. I'm concerned the threads and holes will have buildup and be rendered unusable. Don't know how to mask the parts if it's an issue. Online info is ambiguous. It seems to me parts could be hard anodized while protecting the close tolerances. If I can get it done, I want to design and buils custom parts as well.
Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:03 am
alumhide .... works great if you betty crocker it...

been on my rifles for years and works killer

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools ... d1150.aspx

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:23 pm
I read about that. I'm considering everything - just partial to anodizing because that's what I'm used to. I like hard coat anodizing. It's so hard that a file can't touch it. It's indestructable except from a hammer blow, because the aluminum underneath is still soft, but that goes for all finishes.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]