Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Cheers to Bravo Company, Jeers to RGuns
Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:13 am
I wanted to share my experiences with these companies for the benefit of others.

So I bought 2 lowers last fall, pre panic and I saved my pennies up to purchase the rest of the parts. In February I ordered an A3 rifle kit from RGuns, then waited...and waited...and waited...

Finally in June, I get a UPS shipping notification from "sportsweraus" or something like that. 2 days later my CC is charged. WooHOO!, then nothing. The tracking didn't move on the shipping. 2 weeks later, I'm getting concerned. I emailed RGuns, in a respectful email and told them that they had 3 business days to respond or I would dispute the CC charge. I never got a reply, however, within 3 hours of me sending it, the UPS label was cancelled, 2 business days later my card was refunded. Ugh, back to square one.

Sunday morning, I decided to see if anybody else had what I wanted in stock. Bravo Co. had exactly what I wanted. 3 days later, I've got a bad a** 20" upper, charging handle and BCG in my hands. They also threw in a ton of stickers, 2 training DVD's, a bottle of oil, 4 posters and a sweet ball cap.

Now to be fair, the RGuns kit (whole rifle unassembled-sans lower) was $200 cheaper than the Upper, charging handle and BCG alone, but I think 5 months is a pretty extreme amount of time to fill an order that your website says will take 6 weeks to ship out. I still have not heard one peep from RGuns. I don't know if my order is cancelled or if they just stuck it on back order or what. I didn't ask them to cancel it because they have a 20% restocking fee. I got a new CC in the mail the other day to replace the one I used to make that purchase so maybe that order will just die in cyberspace?

So, unless you have the patience of a Saint and your credit card has a while before it expires, I would avoid RGuns and I will definitely be ordering any future needed parts from Bravo Company.

Post subject: Re: Cheers to Bravo Company, Jeers to RGuns
Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:41 am
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

But yep, BCM is A+ awesome. :)

-Allen
Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:38 pm
can't say i've ever heard anything good about rguns... BCM on the other hand, ...has a pretty good reputation..

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 am
Thanks for the review, always good to know about how companies do business. I can't stand when companies play games like that! I have never ordered firearms parts from some of the "smaller guys" on the 'net because I worry about the exact type of hassle you described. I stick with Midway USA, Brownells & Natchez, becuase they are low-hassel, decent prices & generally, customer oriented. Midway USA in particular has great customer service in my experience, and their sale prices are competitive.

My buddy has an RGuns upper and it seems to be a fine rifle; but he got it well before all this nonsense. Some companies just couln't keep up, but instead of turning away your business they put you on infinate backorder.

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:22 am
I completed the build last night, I hope to take it out and zero it on Sunday. Everything went together smoothly. I only nicked the finish on the lower once. There is a little more play between the upper and lower than I would like, but I don't think it will be a problem.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:39 pm
That's great! --- We're standing by for the range report! 8)

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:35 am
Sorry to hear about your troubles but not surprised hearing it was from RGuns.
Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:32 pm
Par for the course with BCM - amazing to work with
 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]