Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:30 pm
I have known my way round the black rifle for a while as I carried 3 variants for years in the military, but I've been out a while and didn't decide to take the plunge into owning my own until last year. Last spring, I purchased an M&P15 Sport from Paul's Marine and the bug has embedded itself since. I'm not one for having 3 optics and sharks with laser beams on their heads attached to my weapons, so I simply added a carry handle, and picked up a genuine S&W Bayonet. But then I wanted more.

I saw 37mm launchers at the gun show last summer. It was on like donkey kong. I had the pleasure of humping that heavy bastard known as the M203 for over a year. That clunky barrel, ugly handguard cover and ribbed for her pleasure hand grip was calling to be in my hands once again. So I started looking for one of these gems around the interwebs...$1800...$2000...$2500...no way Momma's gonna let that happen without some kind of Hawaii vacation or something equivelant in trade. Hmmm.

I'll build my own.

Black Friday, I picked up 2 lowers, because I could.
RGuns, one is here, the other is still undecided, leaning toward .458 SOCOM
DPMS Lower parts kit
A2 Stock, buffer tube, buffer and spring, gently preowned from Ebay.
Milsurp M203 Handguard with leaf sight from Ebay
Milsurp Colt Carry Handle from Ebay
Bravo Company USA 20" Upper, Gunfighter charging handle and BCG.
What I believe to be a Cobray 37mm launcher from the gun show.
Promag M203 style front sling mount.

All told I'm in it about $1400 or so spread out over 8 months momma's none the wiser other than this big black thing I built on the kitchen table...

Sunday I took it out and gave the .223 portion a light coat of oil, a zero and a light workout. First 3 rounds 9 clicks low and just to the left of center mast about an inch between them. 3 more shots a half inch above the first three, time to adjust. Ever the skeptic, I went 6 clicks up, 3 shots, 3 clicks low and on center mast within an inch of each other. 3 more clicks up, 3 shots in the lower left quadrant of the center mast circle. Done

100 more rounds through, playing around on some water filled 20oz. plastic bottles at various ranges, wiped them out every time, knocked the lids off at 25 yards, blew them 10' in the air at 50ish yards. I couldn't be happier with the rifle, no jams, no double feed, no malfunctions. Clean up was typical for an AR. Bolt, and firing pin were pretty crusty, everything else inside had a light coat of black on it. Hopefully someday soon I'll be able to try out the 37mm portion. I have white starburst rounds for it, just need a dark place free of people scared of fireworks, from a scary black rifle.

Post subject: Re: My first build
Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:01 am
Very nice! I have been looking at the Spikes 37mm launchers just for giggles... You are inspiring me!

-Matt

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.
Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:48 pm
What happen to the Pic
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:58 am
TacMac:

The post prior to yours is dated 06/30/2013....

A lot of picture hosting sites purge old pics every once in a while.

IAC, we call this a "necro-thread" or something like that - old, dead thread....

Not a problem, but it can be kind of funny at times.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:41 am
WOW! Did you say "Paul's Marine"??? When did they start selling guns?

When they sold boats on Rt23, they didn't.

Had a VERY BAD experience with them and a new Tracker boat.

Pretty sure I wouldn't get a firearm from them even if they were giving them away
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:03 pm
sparky wrote:
WOW! Did you say "Paul's Marine"??? When did they start selling guns?

At least a little longer than when the original post was put up, maybe 2012?

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]