Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Post subject: Blackwing had ammo, but not for me
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm
Went to Blackwing shooting center today to stock up on a few things. I had a stack of targets, a holster, a powder scale and some misc stuff I was planning on buying. I asked the lady behind the counter if she could get me a box of 40 S&W self defense ammo. She said the limit is one per customer. No problem.

As I was getting my wallet out I decided to get a box of .380 practice ammo too. When I asked for that, another employee that was walking by told me I could not buy practice ammo unless I was a member or unless I rented a lane at the range. When she said that I looked at the other lady like I was puzzled. She said, yeah sorry. I thought about it for a second and said, "that's fine. You can put all this back then and I will buy it all somewhere else". I bought the one box of .40 ammo, which I really should have left there with the rest of it.

They had what looked like a truck load of practice ammo behind the counter and it is off limits unless you want to pay the $30 or whatever it is and wait in line for an hour to shoot it in their little crowded range.

I will never go inside that store again. You're out of something, fine. You jack the price up a little to keep stuff in stock longer, fine. Refuse to sell me something unless I rent a lane? Seriously?

Opinions?

Title edited 2/23,sounded a litte offensive to Blackwing which wasn't intentional. I was irritated by the experience at the time but quickly calmed down and have since decided I will be back in their store next time I need something now that I understand the reasoning behind their policy. The current market for anything gun related is frustrating but this truly is a nice store with generally excellent customer service.-Joel

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post subject: Re: Blackwing has ammo, but not for you
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:07 pm
i would of been a total dick ...

me...... ok ill rent a lane and take the ammo ... then go to my lane (for how ever long you had to rent it for ) and just stand their and do nothing .............nothing at all

they said you had to rent it .. not shoot on it :egrin:

they cant kick you out.. you did rent the lane .. maybe offer it to someone else for a inflated price of course...

just be a total wanker and beat them at there own game........

i would.......

oh wait i got thrown out of there for disturbing a fellow shooter .. seemed he didn't like my full auto g3 and bitched to management about it after they told me it was ok to it shoot there..

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:13 pm
Excellent idea except it would've then been a $50 box of 380s and an hour wait to stand there and do nothing. Love it, though. :lol:

Joel

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 pm
what the hell you mean do nothing .. i would of stood there polishing my bullets..........

and then get to the lane and polish them again ... hell i would of asked for a marker and drawn smiley faces on them .........

but thats just me

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:27 pm
No ammo for you!, Come back. 1 year!

Most range ammo is sufficiently priced that this policy shouldn't be necessary.. well.. normally.

I still agree raise the price if you want, don't make people rent a lane for it.

1 box per customer per day seems like a reasonable enough policy if your goal is simply to allow everyone a chance to buy some.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Last edited by Joe Sixpack on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:28 pm
Call me crazy, but what's wrong with selling what little ammo you have only to the folks who use your range?

Would it make better business sense to sell out and have no ammo for your paying range customers?

--
James Beatty
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:33 pm
Quote:
Would it make better business sense to sell out and have no ammo for your paying range customers?

Yes. Because now I will never buy anything there and even if I moved across the street I wouldn't buy a membershipm after that. A sale is a sale. What difference does it make where I shoot it? A week from now someone will buy that box and say "oh good, they had one box left". I put back $200 worth of stuff and will never be back. If the same guy rented a lane and they were out of .380 you think he's gonna get mad and never come back?

Joel

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:41 pm
Seems to be a sellers market for anything gun related right now. 2 weeks ago I went to Vances, waited in line for more than an hour to look at a Model 60. I was ready to buy and all they had was the floor model. I really didn't want one that had been dry fired more than Joan Rivers but I asked what they would knock off of it. A whopping $10 off...I told them they could keep it. I ended up getting one at the Powder room, out the door for $2 more than Vance's asking price.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 pm
Joel - I didn't have the balls to tell you while we were out in the woods carrying rifles but you stink... Also explains why all of the squirrels were missing. And Rich poops $100 bills. :wink:
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:07 pm
Joel,

I was just at Blackwing on Wednesday, they have always sold the ammo behind the rental range b/c that is the only place they hold FMJ. I know they were putting a 2-3 box limit on it but they were selling it as of wednesday.

That is really strange, I trust you but that is not the attitude I've ever gotten from them there.

"All the public shootings in the United States in which more than three people have been killed have occurred in places where concealed handguns have been banned. "Washington Times article
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:18 pm
Hedgelj wrote:
Joel,

I was just at Blackwing on Wednesday, they have always sold the ammo behind the rental range b/c that is the only place they hold FMJ. I know they were putting a 2-3 box limit on it but they were selling it as of wednesday.

That is really strange, I trust you but that is not the attitude I've ever gotten from them there.

Maybe they were running low and decided to do that until they get a new shipment? Either way it pissed me off and I won't be back to find out.

Joel

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 pm
I can understand that and would probably do the same had it been me.

"All the public shootings in the United States in which more than three people have been killed have occurred in places where concealed handguns have been banned. "Washington Times article
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 pm
NRAInstructor wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Because now I will never buy anything there and even if I moved across the street I wouldn't buy a membershipm after that.

But you weren't going to buy a membership anyway, were you?

What about the folks that already have ponied-up the membership bucks?

NRAInstructor wrote:
A sale is a sale. What difference does it make where I shoot it? A week from now someone will buy that box and say "oh good, they had one box left". I put back $200 worth of stuff and will never be back. If the same guy rented a lane and they were out of .380 you think he's gonna get mad and never come back?

Nah, I'd imagine most folks would be more understanding of business practices that are designed to keep a shooting range in business.

Disclaimer: I've never been to Blackwing and don't know the people there.

--
James Beatty
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:27 pm
jabeatty wrote:
NRAInstructor wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Because now I will never buy anything there and even if I moved across the street I wouldn't buy a membershipm after that.

But you weren't going to buy a membership anyway, were you?

What about the folks that already have ponied-up the membership bucks?

NRAInstructor wrote:
A sale is a sale. What difference does it make where I shoot it? A week from now someone will buy that box and say "oh good, they had one box left". I put back $200 worth of stuff and will never be back. If the same guy rented a lane and they were out of .380 you think he's gonna get mad and never come back?

Nah, I'd imagine most folks would be more understanding of business practices that are designed to keep a shooting range in business.

Disclaimer: I've never been to Blackwing and don't know the people there.

I see your point,sort of, but I still disagree. How do they know I wasn't considering signing up the whole family Monday morning? They don't.

They lost a customer today because they wanted to save an obviously available product for someone that was shooting the ammo at the facility. Doesn't matter whether I was planning on spending my next three paychecks there or if I was going to rent a lane once and never come back. They made a decision to favor one type of customer over another and I beleive it was a bad business decision.

I'm going back to the reloading bench and the mom & pop shops for my firearm and ammunition needs from now on. Does Blackwing care? Hell no- and that makes me even more mad.

Joel

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:18 am
I visited three different stores with ranges this weekend and every one of them had a one box limit per customer of what they had left. Even one of the stores with no range was selling a two box limit. I know it sucks but I think they are trying to stop hoarding of ammo that they have left. The fact they piss off some customers enables more customers to continue to use the range and practice.
We are all feeling shorted right now but don't let the actions of our tyrannical government turn us against each other. Otherwise they win and we suffer even worse. If you need 380 ammo Old English in Troy had cases near the entrance of blazer 380 target ammo. :wink: I was looking for 9mm but they were totally sold out. :(

Motorcycle and gun videos from ADVfilmer in Ohio. http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer?feature=mhee
 Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next