Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:17 pm
I started this on a differant topic and it was suggested to me to start a new one.I reloaded 9mm rds.with unique powder,rainier 115gn rn plated bullets federal small pistol match primers.My charge is 5.8gn o.a.l. is1.15in.I went to the range this morning to test them out.Wow the feeling of your first shot is something.any how I SHOT 20rds.the first one I put it in the mag.by itself chambered it with no problems took a deep breath let it out slowly and fired perfect bullseye.Than I put 3more in the mag.and fired those hit good within 3in group.(I'm shooting 15 feet.)everything shot great.the other 16 went good as well.I gave my son 7rnds to try of course his grouping was a hell of alot tighter than mine with his Colt.OH I'm shooting with my M&P Sheild.So Now what is the next step? Do I reload 100 rnds or what? :egrin:
Post subject: Re: MY FIRST RELOADS
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 pm
Good job.

The next stop? Most people will tinker with slightly higher/lower charges (staying with published loads) to try to find the "sweet spot" for a particular load.

Keep your friends close and your .45 closer!
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:50 pm
a great powder to use for handgun rounds is titegroup .. its all i use and recommend..

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 pm
unique is the only powder I could find 3weeks ago when I ordered my equipment to get started with so I have 2lbs of it.Same with the primers.when I came find titegroup I'll buy it right now I can't find 9mm bullets.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:17 pm
Quote:
right now I can't find 9mm bullets

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/105011 ... round-nose

Quote:
So Now what is the next step? Do I reload 100 rnds or what?

If you like that load and that's all you have to work with at the moment, write it down somewhere you won't lose it. It's up to you if you want to try and tweek it, that's half the fun of reloading. If it works and you don't want to adjust it, load 1000.

Rich is the expert around here, but that's what I would do.

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:55 am
Ted sent PM
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 am
NRAInstructor wrote:

Ordered! I see most of their quantities are BO, but they still have qty 500. Thanks for the heads up. Have only been able to get my hands on cast the past few weeks.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:37 pm
Thanks for the help guys.I"m going to make a batch of 200rds.for next sun.See how those do.I collected all the brass in my area and noticed differant brands that I never heard of.How do you find out who makes them?
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:06 pm
robertov416 wrote:
NRAInstructor wrote:

Ordered! I see most of their quantities are BO, but they still have qty 500. Thanks for the heads up. Have only been able to get my hands on cast the past few weeks.

No problem. I have always liked that site. Fast shipping, good prices, good selection and they do the NRA round-up.

Joel

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm
Also, for anyone looking for primers...

Call ahead but BJs gun shop in Mt Vernon has small pistol, small rifle and probably others (Winchester) for around $30/1,000. Good selection of powder also, but he was out of titegroup. I bought a bag of 500 40 S&W 180 grn cast bullets for $37 along with a few other things. He refuses to mark up prices unless he has to because of distributor mark ups. He sort of takes pride in not jacking up prices which is hard to find these days.

ETA: 303 S Gay St Mt Vernon, OH 43050
(740) 397-4524

Joel

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:29 pm
Ted D wrote:
Thanks for the help guys.I"m going to make a batch of 200rds.for next sun.See how those do.I collected all the brass in my area and noticed differant brands that I never heard of.How do you find out who makes them?

This may suprise some people, but I completely ignore headstamps. I check for dents and cracks and then just load them. The only time I seperate by headstamps is if they are military (9mm mostly in my case) and those just get tossed because they're too much work for me.

Joel

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:25 pm
NRAInstructor wrote:
Ted D wrote:

This may suprise some people, but I completely ignore headstamps. I check for dents and cracks and then just load them. The only time I seperate by headstamps is if they are military (9mm mostly in my case) and those just get tossed because they're too much work for me.

I don't seperate headstamps for pistol either...just inspect them and start loading.

NRA Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:36 pm
NRAInstructor wrote:
robertov416 wrote:
NRAInstructor wrote:

No problem. I have always liked that site. Fast shipping, good prices, good selection and they do the NRA round-up.

They are fast! Just got delivery today already. Ordered on Monday.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]