Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Double tap equalizer self defence ammo.
Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:49 pm
Does anyone have any experience with this stuff. I just got some in for my .454 Alaskan. It has a 185 gr jacketed hollow point backed by a 140 gr hard cast bullet in each cartridge, traveling at 1000fps out of a 2 1/2 in bbl. I've never been one for exotic ammo but the theory seems sound to me. I was surprised to see any self defense ammo for my favorite caliber. Most, if not all of the factory stuff is simply to hot to carry for the purpose of subduing a bipedal predator. At $3 a round I probably won't be putting a lot of rounds down range but I do need to get some range time for POI comparisons with other more conventional ammo. Anyhow just wanting some input, thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-dXGKRYkWAc#!

Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. J.P. Sartre

It is not my duty to die for my country, but to help others die for theirs. Gen Patton
Last edited by 1stMarDiv on Thu May 30, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Post subject: Re: Double tap equalizer self defence ammo.
Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:58 pm
Sounds effective! :)

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:52 am
Went to the range the other day, at 25 feet the was a dual wound track just beginning the hole was barely showing 2 perforations, at 50 feet the 2 bullets were about an inch and a half apart, So it does work. HOWEVER, I'm not sure what powder they use but it was dirty and made a cloud like a black powder musket , well not quite that bad but far more than other smokeless GP. and it smelled different too

Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. J.P. Sartre

It is not my duty to die for my country, but to help others die for theirs. Gen Patton
Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:01 pm
1stMarDiv wrote:
Went to the range the other day, at 25 feet the was a dual wound track just beginning the hole was barely showing 2 perforations, at 50 feet the 2 bullets were about an inch and a half apart, So it does work. HOWEVER, I'm not sure what powder they use but it was dirty and made a cloud like a black powder musket , well not quite that bad but far more than other smokeless GP. and it smelled different too

I have emailed them and asked questions about their products, such as velocity from a barrel length they did not have data published on, and they have always answered the email with info. I suppose you could contact them about the dirty smoky issue and see what they say ??

But in general a cast bullet with lube grooves and lubricant will be far smokier and dirtier than you are used to with jacketed bullet ammo. Cast bullets also typically give more velocity for a given pressure than jacketed bullets due to lower bore friction and better sealing, so using both types at the same time might be very interesting.

Some calibers shown in cutaway they use a round ball ?? That probably becomes a thin lead pancake under pressure ?? Did the second hole in the target look clean cut like a wadcutter ?? 140 grains would be about right for a 454 round ball.

here is a cutaway of the 10mm

Bill

America NO LONGER held hostage by ZERO the lying dictator.......:-)

Ohio, a government of the unions, by the unions, for the unions
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]