Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author
Post subject: Inforce Weapon Mounted Light
Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:47 am
Does any one have an experience with any of the Inforce lights? Specifically the WML? I have been reading about these, but haven't really found many people with experience. They seem to be priced right and have the right features, I guess I'm wondering about durability.

http://www.inforce-mil.com/

-Matt

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.
Post subject: Re: Inforce Weapon Mounted Light
Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:02 am
Interesting tool.Bears looking into.I may have missed it,anyway what part of Ohio are you all movin back to?
Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:14 am
hackleshinn wrote:
Interesting tool.Bears looking into.I may have missed it,anyway what part of Ohio are you all movin back to?

My family is in Franklin county and the in-laws are in Hardin, Delaware and Hamilton counties. Don't really have an exact location picked out yet, but want to be close-ish to family. The arrival of my newborn daughter a few weeks ago along with the housing market (have to unload my house in Baltimore, MD) are messing up my timelime for getting back home for now.

-Matt

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.
Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:29 am
Why do they make it so hard to find the price?
Looks like it might work on a handgun that has a rail. Quickly attaches with a clamp!
Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:53 pm
A couple of the retailers have pretty good names in the community, but other than that, I don't know.

I remember this question being posed to Costa somewhere or another, and he said that he didn't have enough data/feedback, to know, yet.

At that price, I just might pick one up as a S&G toy. Mount it to the Saiga, and see how much abuse it'll take. :lol:

-Allen
Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:57 pm
TSiWRX wrote:
A couple of the retailers have pretty good names in the community, but other than that, I don't know.

I remember this question being posed to Costa somewhere or another, and he said that he didn't have enough data/feedback, to know, yet.

At that price, I just might pick one up as a S&G toy. Mount it to the Saiga, and see how much abuse it'll take. :lol:

I might just have to pick one up as well. A local shop had a few for a short time but sold out of them before I could snag one. They aren't planning on getting any more due to the large number of people who fondled them and then said they were going to go buy it cheaper online. I would have gladly paid the LGS premium to be able to put hands on.

-Matt

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:15 pm
^ For stuff like this, me too. :)

I like having lights on all of my home-defense guns (I'd like it for my carry, too, but so far, the options are still a little too bulky or don't yet offer enough lighting power - I'm holding out for better :)), but I don't really feel Kosher about putting lives at-stake on an item that is relatively unknown. I won't have that problem with putting it on my Saiga, though, since that's a pure Zombie gun.

I don't think I have the budget to buy within the next two months (my training budget is taking a huge hit: I want to work out my pistol sights before the training season starts in-earnest, and given the classes I've signed up for, I'm going to need a lot of ammo....), but I hope to put on on the fun-shotgun by this summer. 8)

-Allen
Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:43 pm
My thought,these look pretty well built.Oughta work real well on the Siaga.Like it shown set up on the left rail with the thumb op.Looks real user friendly.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:35 am
I got in on a group buy for one of these on another forum. Gotta love group pricing! Will review in a few weeks when I have it in hand.

-Matt

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:57 am
^ Looking forward to your review! :)

-Allen
Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:51 am
Finally found some time to sit down and play around with the new light. First impressions are great! Is is compact and feels very solid. The lamp is crisp and bright, I have not yet played around with it enough to comment on battery life. The single button control took some getting used to, but now I like it. The single button controls on-off, high-low, low-high, strobe, and momentary on-off. It mounts up very solid on the rail and can be moved without tools. The position I have it in works perfectly with my AFG, the thumb location is instinctive. Overall I am pleased and would recommend the WML to anyone!

It was asked in an above post if the light could be pistol mounted. The rail on my XDm is about an inch short, so you would need an awful long rail to mount it. The button would end up in a very awkward position as well. This is all a moot point as there should be a pistol mounted light coming out from Inforce this summer.

-Matt

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:13 am
^ Looks good! Thanks for checking back in!

It'll be a bit before my funds replenish (I'm ammo poor, now! :lol:), so please check back and let us (er...me?) know how well it's holding up. Like I said, I'd love to have something like this on my Saiga-12, so recoil is a concern.

Also, is that a Sparc on there?

-Allen
Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:33 pm
TSiWRX wrote:
^ Looks good! Thanks for checking back in!

It'll be a bit before my funds replenish (I'm ammo poor, now! :lol:), so please check back and let us (er...me?) know how well it's holding up. Like I said, I'd love to have something like this on my Saiga-12, so recoil is a concern.

Also, is that a Sparc on there?

I will definitely check back in after banging it around for a while. The staff at Inforce (biased, I know) told us they all used the lights on shotties with no ill effects, so take that with a grain of salt.

And yes that is a SPARC, its a great little optic. I don't mind the small field of view since its meant to be run both eyes open. I have it mounted with true co-witness and love it!

-Matt

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:00 pm
Great looking rifle and light ...seems like you have about the right amount & mix of accessories mounted...IS that the magpul fore-end? I like canted grip on the fore end too.

Post a range report when you get a chance...

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:53 pm
ThawMyTongue wrote:
And yes that is a SPARC, its a great little optic. I don't mind the small field of view since its meant to be run both eyes open. I have it mounted with true co-witness and love it!

I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I think it would be great on the Saiga! The Saiga is my range-toy, so I can play around with it a little. 8)

-Allen
 Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next