Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: to shield, or not to shield
Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:46 am
so i have an associate who was at work one night
as he was finishing the exchange of pizza to customer, he heard 2 pops and the customer jerked him inside as a reflex.
as far as i know the victim did not survive the wait for the ambulance.
so my associate was asking me tonight about protective vests. i was ashamed to admit i did not have a lot of insight.

so i'm here asking what is legal for the "normal citizen" to own as in protection from flying lead?
at my current job we are not allowed to CC, but we might as well be at least a little protected eah?

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress:FrederickDouglass

learning is good .understanding is better .pleas teach with wisdom
Post subject: Re: to shield, or not to shield
Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:17 am
I just googled "body armor laws" and found this site: http://www.bulletsafe.com/body-armor-law-virginia.html

With this about Virginia:
Quote:
Body Armor Law in Virginia
Virginia has one additional body armor law, like many states: Any person who, while committing a crime of violence or a felony violation, has in his possession a firearm or knife and is wearing body armor designed to diminish the effect of the impact of a bullet or projectile, shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony. This law does not affect retailers.

In Virginia, any adult can purchase and use a bulletproof vest, unless that adult has been convicted of a felony. Bulletproof vests and all other body armor can be purchased online or face-to-face.

Check the rest of that page for comments on US law. Note: the site is geared toward retailers.

Here's a relatively new (February 4, 2014) article that addresses the subject and lists at least one retailer that will sell to non-leos. It also gives a lot more information about pros and cons of different levels and rating methods of armor.
http://www.militianews.com/is-body-armor-legal-in-your-state/

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:17 am
most excellent
greatly appreciated Alan

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress:FrederickDouglass

learning is good .understanding is better .pleas teach with wisdom
Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:59 am
Tell them to get some type IIA soft body armor, It'll protect against your most common handgun calibers (9mm,40,45), or go with type II for added protection (up to 357mag) but it's thicker and more bulky.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]