I have to do so as not to be "victim." Or end up in some law court being sued
or worst prosecuted for defending myself or family

So Mote It Be.
Aging is not for the timid
NRA Benefactor Member
Post subject: Re: SOG Knives
Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:51 pm
Old Timer wrote:
You sure your from the Cleveland area? Reason I ask that you make to much sense in your views.

:lol: I've been in Cleveland since '97. Stalked my then-girlfriend, now-wife, here. :ewink: :egrin:

I'm actually a first-generation Naturalized immigrant from Taiwan, of Chinese ancestry, who grew up in inner-city Baltimore and then northern Fulton county, Georgia. Talk about friends changing color overnight - I went from having all black friends to all white friends over the course of just one moon: the only thing that was consistent was that I was still the only Asian. :lol:

One of the good things about my upbringing is that I don't see skin color - I just see people. :)

Quote:
At the moment I'm trying to learn Grand Master Wu Bin's Wu Shu under the direction of one of his masters. That plus working with a 5th Dan's program on weapons. But with bad knees and back coupled with old age it's a challenge. That's the main reason I try to stay out of the lime light so to speak. Just have to wait till they come into my reach, then do what I have to do so as not to be "victim." Or end up in some law court being sued or worst prosecuted for defending myself or family

^ I think the mindset is the most important part of the equation. It's something that I did not realize until becoming more involved in this community. We can all do *something* to lessen our chances of being a victim or to fight back when we are. :) As I like to say to my daughter, it's not about being the best, it's just about being a better person today than yesterday, and that it's a never ending road.

In this respect, I've been very lucky to have happened upon some excellent instructors who have painted a realistic picture of the nastier side of human existence.

I think Wu Shu is awesome - I might be biased based on my ethnicity, though. :oops:

-Allen
Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:35 pm
TSiWRX wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
You sure your from the Cleveland area? Reason I ask that you make to much sense in your views.

:lol: I've been in Cleveland since '97. Stalked my then-girlfriend, now-wife, here. :ewink: :egrin:

I'm actually a first-generation Naturalized immigrant from Taiwan, of Chinese ancestry, who grew up in inner-city Baltimore and then northern Fulton county, Georgia. Talk about friends changing color overnight - I went from having all black friends to all white friends over the course of just one moon: the only thing that was consistent was that I was still the only Asian. :lol:

One of the good things about my upbringing is that I don't see skin color - I just see people. :)

Quote:
At the moment I'm trying to learn Grand Master Wu Bin's Wu Shu under the direction of one of his masters. That plus working with a 5th Dan's program on weapons. But with bad knees and back coupled with old age it's a challenge. That's the main reason I try to stay out of the lime light so to speak. Just have to wait till they come into my reach, then do what I have to do so as not to be "victim." Or end up in some law court being sued or worst prosecuted for defending myself or family

^ I think the mindset is the most important part of the equation. It's something that I did not realize until becoming more involved in this community. We can all do *something* to lessen our chances of being a victim or to fight back when we are. :) As I like to say to my daughter, it's not about being the best, it's just about being a better person today than yesterday, and that it's a never ending road.

In this respect, I've been very lucky to have happened upon some excellent instructors who have painted a realistic picture of the nastier side of human existence.

I think Wu Shu is awesome - I might be biased based on my ethnicity, though. :oops:

You're right Wu Shu is awesome. My youngest daughter reached the brown belt level
in Karate before switching. She was a few belts ahead of me, and now I'm trying
my hand at Tai Chi. It's about all I can handle any more.

And you right on with the color views, I've taught my kids that there are
only 3 colors in this life that matters.

Grey, Red, and Gold.

Grey because it represents ones grey matter "BRAIN"

Red, because it represents blood, they thing we all have
in common. And need to live.

Gold, because it represents wealth.

So if you have a good heart pumping red to grey,
then grey can work to help make you understand life
and help you get the gold you may need for a good life.

R

So Mote It Be.
NRA Benefactor Member
Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:54 pm
^ :) That's a good one.

Tai Chi kept my grandmother young until shortly before she passed. Her flexibility and balance were both really helped by Tai Chi.

I don't exactly know why she stopped practicing in the years before her passing. Both my father and I think that the down-turn in her health was in-part due to her cessation of Tai Chi, although it's hard to flush out that egg/chicken scenario.

I've seen Tai Chi masters do some amazing things. :surp: :shock:

-Allen
Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:36 am
TSiWRX wrote:
^ :) That's a good one.

Tai Chi kept my grandmother young until shortly before she passed. Her flexibility and balance were both really helped by Tai Chi.

I don't exactly know why she stopped practicing in the years before her passing. Both my father and I think that the down-turn in her health was in-part due to her cessation of Tai Chi, although it's hard to flush out that egg/chicken scenario.

I've seen Tai Chi masters do some amazing things. :surp: :shock:

Well, it's to not bad for an old half breed Onieda Indian.
That's one of the rationale's behind my signature.

So Mote It Be.
NRA Benefactor Member
 Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2