Forum rules

Please have a look at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 before diving too deeply into the board.

Enjoy!
 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:46 am
Hello from southern Illinois, relocating soon to Warren County, Ohio.

I'm an active duty military member and PA resident preparing to move from Scott AFB, IL to Wright-Patterson AFB, OH this summer. After living in Illinois and being unable to carry here as a nonresident, I look forward to the much greater degree of freedom that awaits in Ohio.

The past three years have been educational for me as we've attempted, via the legislature and the federal courts, to get the State to fix its virtual ban against bearing arms for most nonresidents. Unfortunately our work isn't done yet, but I've gained some valuable experience through the process.

I've been browsing this forum occasionally for a while and appreciate the insight many of you share on the firearm issues in Ohio. Thank you for your commitment.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)
Post subject: Re: New from Warren County
Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:28 pm
kwc:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" at the top of this page. It's not mandatory, and may be sleep inducing. Just read the first couple pages unless you're into pain....

We have some seriously goofy gotchas in the law, but overall a little warning (the AG's "manual") and you should be OK. Probably your biggest risk and/or hindrance will be the "unless authorized" part on many "No Guns" signs. If it's a government posting, it's law. If it's a private posting, it's a lot more fuzzy. Since the poster most likely doesn't want us, stay away....

Meantime, enjoy!

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am
Welcome neighbor! I live in the northern part of Warren County but work south in Reading

Region Leader
Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:57 pm
Thank you, SMMAssociates and JEaton.

Is there a limitation on new members using the PM feature? I tried to send a message to JEaton but it's stuck in the "Outbox." I presume it should move to "Sent" if it actually went out.

Thanks again!
kwc

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)
Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 pm
kwc:

I think there's a 5 postings (on the public board) limitation before the PM feature kicks in. Anti-spam feature :D.

(I'm not sure. I think I had a couple hundred posts before I actually needed the PM feature :D.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:07 pm
SMMAssociates wrote:
kwc:

I think there's a 5 postings (on the public board) limitation before the PM feature kicks in. Anti-spam feature :D.

(I'm not sure. I think I had a couple hundred posts before I actually needed the PM feature :D.

Regards,

Thank you.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:08 pm
JEaton wrote:
Welcome neighbor! I live in the northern part of Warren County but work south in Reading

We're moving to the northern part as well. Perhaps we can connect at some point.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:11 am
I believe a Pm stays in outbox until recipient reads it

Replied btw

Region Leader
Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:30 pm
I know it's late, but welcome aboard friend!

Full time construction worker, part time noob blogger and website contractor blogger
 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]