Forum rules

Please have a look at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 before diving too deeply into the board.

Enjoy!
 Page 63 of 64 [ 960 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Author
Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself & Location
Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:44 am
Bad Dancer:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" masthead at the top of this page that you probably should take a look at - just the first couple pages. Nothing mandatory, though.

Plenty of guys and gals on here who can help you with your request, too. I'm in Youngstown, so I can't tell you too much (except to avoid the Alabama hat :D).

My dentist is from PA, and his office was decked out for a Steelers game a couple years ago. Then one of his hygenists came in, wearing Cleveland Browns regalia.... She's about 5' tall, and cute as a button. Probably why she wasn't lynched.... :D

Enjoy!

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:48 am
welcome bad dancer, if you ever get into southern ohio, they just built a cowboy action shooting set at a local gun shop here, haven't had the chance to get out and see them yet, hear its pretty good.

Husband, Father, and All around Good Guy
NRA Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Firearm Safety
NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home

Ohio Hunter Education Instructor
Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:18 am
Hello, I'm Amanda and I'm from Dallas)
Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:52 am
Amanda:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" masthead at the top of this page that you probably should take a look at - just the first couple pages. Nothing mandatory, though.

How did you end up here? Not that we mind members from TX - one of our most active members was deported (or something) and ended up in the Houston area.

My middle sister has a small ranch just outside of Dallas. Great place to visit, but you need a four-wheel-drive vehicle to get from the road to her house. Or a helicopter.... Haven't been there for a while, though. She also has a place in El Paso (which I think she's sold) that I've visited there more recently. Since the pool's in Dallas, that is a little iffy :), but that's where she was working, and mom (who passed in 2012) was staying with her there. Only about an eight hour drive to use the pool.... :D My daughter was there, too - she's an RN, and was helping take care of mom and working in a local ER. Nice apartment, at least. (She's since found some kind of townhouse in Columbus. Two full flights up to get inside, and one more to get to the bathroom. At my age, I don't visit that one often :mrgreen: .)

Anyway, Enjoy!

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:23 am
I travelled around not only my country but abroad. But I never forget my own city!) I love it with all my heart)

Thanx for ur warm words) I'll enjoy chatting here)
Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:46 pm
Robert Preston
Brookville, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania.

I'm one of the administators over at PAFOA.org. Collector of H&R firearms(although my collection isn't all that fabulous. lol).

I occasionally travel to the greater Cleveland area because that is where my girlfriend is originally from. So, I was happy as a pig in mud when OH passed HB234.
Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:24 pm
Robert:

Welcome Aboard!

I picked up my PA license last May - one visit to Lawrence County (New Castle). More trouble finding the Courthouse than anything else, but they want LOCAL references, and they do call them. (I had 'em.)

IMHO, all they really had to do to maintain mail-order licensing was to add "See OH license for prints and photos" to the card, but nobody listens to me. The old mail-order system seemed to work fairly well, but the new PA AG seems to have been the problem.

Enjoy!

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:47 am
Rob Rodriguez
Eaton Ohio
Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:13 am
Rob:

Really a copy of my note to Robert, just above, responding to his first post:

Welcome Aboard!

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:11 pm
Ray Foote from Mentor Ohio. Looking for some information across this forum on some info. I will make a new post.
Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:48 pm
Ray:

Haven't been in Mentor for nearly 30 years. Some very happy people there now :D....

Welcome Aboard!

Please have a look at the note I sent to Rob a couple messages above - that's the "boilerplate". I just got up and can't see well enough to copy it. Besides, Peaches is on the keyboard.

Enjoy!

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:42 am
Hi. I'm Chris from Hilliard.

Been in Ohio just over 2 years, having relocated from The PRK (Peoples Republik of Kalifornia).
Very happy to be in a free state.

After the dust from the move settled, I quickly removed the KBD (Kalifornia Bastardization Device) from my AR-Frankenrifle and replaced it with a regular magazine release. Recently started a new project, a AR 9mm SBR, something that's a no-no in the PRK. Also planning on going for my Ohio Concealed Carry Permit very soon.

Been going thru the forum rules and useful links so I now have the ones for the CCW (I guess you call it a CHL here).

I'm good with numbers: .22 .32 .380 .40 5.56
Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:13 pm
Hello Robbo, from the nasty nati here! good info on this site Thanks, I have a question I'll ask in the forums

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:20 am
robbo:

Welcome Aboard!

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:34 am
Good morning to all Was a member a long time ago Glad to be back

I'm sparky used to live in Marysville now living just outside Bellefontaine
 Page 63 of 64 [ 960 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next