Forum rules

Please have a look at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 before diving too deeply into the board.

Enjoy!
 Page 8 of 8 [ 116 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author
Post subject: Re: New Members - Welcome Aboard! & Please Read
Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:44 am
Hi, just joined yesterday after reading about new laws being considered.
I live in Montana, but have roots in Ohio and Michigan. My Montana CCW is recognized in Mich., but not in Ohio. Hoping that will change. Not really used to using forums, so learning as I go. I use your site to keep up on whats happening back home. Good site, Thanks,DMW
Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:11 pm
DMW, welcome to BFA!

BTW, we have a new law taking effect on March 23, and after that date your Montana license will be recognized by Ohio since you are a non-resident. If you decide to move to Ohio and take up residency, your Montana license will be good for the first 6 months to give you time to get an Ohio license (or license from a state we have a reciprocal agreement with).

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:59 pm
Welcome DMW, JustaShoot has your license covered.

Malmstrom was my first active duty assignment; loved it.
Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:07 am
DMW:

Don't know how I missed you joining up....

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" masthead at the top of this page that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory, and may be hazardous to your health.

Otherwise, Enjoy!

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:22 pm
welcome DMW!

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post subject: Hello I'm an Old Newbie - Kinda
Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:02 pm
Hello! I'm new to this site but but not to shooting or CCW. I have lurked just a little and have seen many old friends from another CCW website which is great - I'll be posting there too. I'm a 66-year-old woman and got my CCW back in 2008 (if memory serves). I'm a former (and occasional) deer hunter with a few heads on the wall, and a former trapshooter from way back when. Now I'm mostly just interested in self defense. I don't have any extraordinary training or awards but surely do admire those who do. I live in Vandalia, Ohio (near Dayton) and have been married for millions of years to darling hubby (DH). We have two rotten dogs who try to run the place and we've just moved back to Ohio after five years in Tennessee - yeah, I know. I'm a little crazy to move away from Nashville but at least I'm close to my Mom and siblings. Looking forward to hearing from folks and getting updated on Ohio gun stuff. Things were different in Tennessee - let's just say a little more laid back.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:09 am
Gumby:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" masthead at the top of this page that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory, and may be hazardous to your health.

Otherwise, Enjoy!

I only have one rotten dog, btw. But two cats :D....

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:16 pm
Hi everyone! Kitties!!!

I have 3 dogs and 11 cats.

Decided to join you guys for some perspective on open carry. I know what the ORC says and wanted to find out what type of info is out there. I'm a big believer in everything and always tell people to carry if they can.

I'm debating applying for my cow permit for quicker 4473 checks but I don't really buy that many guns and most places can do the check in a few minutes.
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:10 pm
chowser51:

(As I mentioned elsewhere, I only have two cats. They're both three too many, so I guess that counts :D. My wife has a girlfriend who had thirteen cats for a while, but about half went with her ex-husband when they split. I have a sister with about six dogs if that counts :D.)

We have a few Open Carry folks here. I'm not into it at all, but I really like the idea that if I print or otherwise get the attention of one of Toby Hoover's posse, I'm legal....

However, the current rules on unlicensed Open Carry will really stick it to you. Basically, you need to totally "safe" the weapon outside of your vehicle before getting in, and load up outside the vehicle before carrying it. Talk about "open" carry....

Unless you can't qualify for a CHL (it's a "license", not a "permit"), getting the license is more of a slightly expensive PITA than anything else. Meantime, we can use the counts, too.

The 4473 thing is a minor convenience, IMHO. It does help in certain out-of-state things, too, but I think it's a nit-pick v.s. OH's previous background checking procedures.

Mostly, the idea of a guy with an AK or AR slung over his shoulder at the mall really bothers me. Not because I mind the presence of the weapon, but because it sort of tweaks the nose of the folks who do....

(Somewhere out there are a bunch of little old ladies who can't sleep because they're afraid that somebody, somewhere, is having fun....)

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:14 am
Aloha from Hawaii, many years ago from Cleveland ..
I have a firearms links page
shakapar.com/arms
Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:47 am
shakapar:

Welcome Aboard!

Many years ago a very good friend of mine ended up in Hawaii, and married a flight attendant. She was a knockout. Him, not much :D.... Haven't seen them since. Other than having to swim there 'cause I can't afford the plane fare, I wouldn't mind a visit, though. (I can afford to visit Cleveland. As if I wanted to :D.)

Anyway, if you haven't already done so, you do want to read the first couple pages in this post. Nothing mandatory, though. If you're confused about how to get to it, there's a link at the top of this page.

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 8 of 8 [ 116 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8