Forum rules

Please have a look at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 before diving too deeply into the board.

Enjoy!
 Page 2 of 8 [ 119 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author
Post subject: Re: New Members - Welcome Aboard! & Please Read
Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:14 pm
What I need is my cats to be trained to put the toilet seat down ... apparently (says GF) im not very well trained....
I dont get it, why isnt it the other way around ..... I mean when I go #1 I dont have to worry about falling in .... besides, dont ladies like a bid-day?
-aaron
Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:56 pm
Friday1:

Sammy's Jewish.... :mrgreen:

But if nobody's looking.... :D

I probably should lock this thread, but we're having too much fun, and I hate to lock threads. I always want to add something....

(First thing I did as a Mod was to unlock a thread, make some silly comment, and then lock it again. I blame that on Sammy....)

Aaron:

Peaches likes to splash in water. Nobody told her that cats don't like water.... Unfortunately, she doesn't care if it's her water dish, Sammy's water dish, or a convenient toilet bowl.... I can't get my wife to put the upper lid down.... At least she figured out how to use the rest of the thing. Duke just sits there trying to look regal. Mostly a four-legged dust mop.... Other than splashing, they refuse to use their water dish. It says "Good Cat" on the bottom....

The cats are after me to change the litterbox right now, but somebody went shopping earlier this week and forgot to buy the refill.... They don't want to hear about using the gas station at the corner, or going over to the neighbors.... :D

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:09 pm
SMMAssociates wrote:

Aaron:

Peaches likes to splash in water. Nobody told her that cats don't like water.... Unfortunately, she doesn't care if it's her water dish, Sammy's water dish, or a convenient toilet bowl.... I can't get my wife to put the upper lid down.... At least she figured out how to use the rest of the thing. Duke just sits there trying to look regal. Mostly a four-legged dust mop.... Other than splashing, they refuse to use their water dish. It says "Good Cat" on the bottom....

The cats are after me to change the litterbox right now, but somebody went shopping earlier this week and forgot to buy the refill.... They don't want to hear about using the gas station at the corner, or going over to the neighbors.... :D

Regards,

ROFLMAO ...
I have a kitta who likes to sneak in the shower as Im or the significant other is taking one, i dont get it, lol ... i think he just loves to hang .... I have a fetching kitty too ... if I throw the ball he brings it back. hehe ... now if only i could train one to put the toilet seat down, organize the table where i empty my pockets, put the drivers seat back in place, or pick up my socks ... im golden with the GF! :mrgreen:
-aaron
Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 am
Aaron:

Kittens are a riot.... They don't even have to try....

Peaches headed out into the garage as I was coming back in from putting the garbage bag from their litter box into the trash. She forgot that her tail sticks up in the air....

She didn't even wait for me to put the top back on the box....

They were pestering me for treats as I came downstairs, and chasing each other between begging me for treats. Sammy, being older and somewhat wiser, went to bed....

Cats just sort of do what they want to.... Garfield is reasonably accurate :D....

As to training them, good luck. They're trying to train us....

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:11 pm
check

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:15 pm
New member from South Florida. Don't know why I'm here, except that it looks like a fun and informative discussion board. I'm 73, semi-retired and have loved and shot guns since I was 13 or 14.
Started out hunting up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, when the family moved us up there from the Boston area. 1st guns were a Rem. 870 .16 ga. pump and a WWII German Mauser, K98, 8mm, which I got in VERY used condition, and had to spruce it up myself. Re-did the stock, shaving it down from military to sporter, and re-blued the metal works myself. I still have and shoot that gun. Love it. I've got a big safe full of long guns of nearly every cal. or guage, and many different kinds of handguns and cals. I like old WWI & WWII military. My 2 grandsons are slowly cleaning me out of my collection, but I have enough to last a long time. They'll get it all in the end any way. I'm 2nd amend. all the way. Former USN, USCG, & USAF. Former Honorary Deputy Sherrif of Tarrant County, Tx. (Ft. Worth). Have owned and flown planes, rode motorcycles, hunted, fished, camped, canoed, along the Gulf Coast states and up & down the eastern seaboard, plus the Province of Quebec, Canada. Notice that everything is former, or past tense. I'm the sole 24/7/360 caregiver for my invalid wife of 53 years, who is suffrering from end stage lung disease, bone marrow cancer, diabetis and some other bothersome medical problems, so that keeps me home all the time now. Hope to get back out and at it someday, if the Lord sees fit to allow it. I'm conservative Christian, support Israel and our military troops. Founding member & 2 time Past President of the Davie/Cooper City, Florida Rotary Club. Owned and ran my own Title Insurance Agency for nearly 30 years, doing real estate & mortgage closings, and am still doing closings for some of my former competitors. I'm a real estate broker, a life, health & variable annuity licensee, a former mortgage broker. I have a C & R license, (Curio & Relic), so that I can purchase many of the guns I like directly from the suplier, and not have to go through a local gun dealer. I used to have my FFL, but Cllinton made it too difficult for me to keep it just for my own purchases and for some of my friends. He raised the annual renewal fees so high that I just couldn't afford it anymore, and also made a rule that a licensee had to have a 'stocking store front'! So, no more FFL license for me. I guess that about sums it up for my introduction. Like some one on this post said earlier, why write a note when you can write a novel?
Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:16 pm
Oh, I forgot to mention that my handle is "HUNTER".
Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:42 pm
Welcome Hunter!! First sir, thank you for your variety of services to our country! Welcome to the BFA forums where the topics are many and the opinions vary. Sounds like you and your wife have led quite the life, and now one it taking care of the other and that as it should be. Best wishes and prayers your way.

I too have been around firearms and shooting since I was about 12 when grandmother decided it was time for this young man to learn to shoot. The sport and the history has stayed with me these many years and like you I too have children and grandchildren who will someday aquire my collection of history.

Enjoy your visits here, jump right in with your experiences and knowledge...

BFA Leader
NRA-EVC Ohio 6th
NRA Benefactor member
Southern Ohio
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
Region Leader
Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:00 pm
Hunter:

Welcome aboard!

If you want your "screen name" changed to "Hunter", holler. I forget how :D, but I can do it.... Practically nobody uses a full name like you did.

(I thought about asking you while authorizing you, but Peaches was pestering....)

Finally, somebody older than me, too :) - I turned 65 a couple months ago. Been carrying since 1967 - semi-retired rent-a-cop, Corporate Data Processing Manager, and now a Computer Consultant. Kinda "armed programmer"....

Enjoy!

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:52 am
its old people like you i love ( don't take it the wrong way i r 44) and the stories that are told .. i used to go to the local VFW with my grandparents and buy people beer just to listen to the stories.. sometimes it put a sparkle in there eves and sometimes you can tell how much it hurt... but anyhoo ... hey .. grab a beer a and kookies and plop in my lazy boy and make yourself feel at home...

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:03 am
Welcome aboard Hunter! Thank you for your service sir. Please dive right in the conversation, I'm sure you have a lot of wisdom to share with us!

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:28 am
Hello All!

I'm Terry. We live on our own little farm, very little, about 12 miles west of Wooster.

I am thrilled to be accepted here. I love the kitty pics, and Rotts are some of my fav dogs. I am actually looking to rescue/find one right now. Our Mariah had to be put down last year. Sad time! Before that was Zelda {rotty/shep. mix}. We just had our blue heeler, Zip, pass a few days ago.

So if anyone has or knows of a female rotty, let me know. Would consider any BIG dog though. Run it by me!

Terry

Proud member of the National Rifle Association
Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:26 am
Hunter & Terry Welcome aboard alot of good people here.

If you don't know ask someone who does.
NRA EPL Member
BFA Defender
NWTF
Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:28 pm
yes, welcome aboard to hunter and terry! 8)

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:51 pm
Terry:

Welcome aboard!

Guess I needn't bother to tell you to read this thread :D....

Peaches is sitting on the desk, between the keyboard and monitor.... Good thing I'm not in a hurry....

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 2 of 8 [ 119 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next