Forum rules

Please have a look at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 before diving too deeply into the board.

Enjoy!
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:14 pm
I live in the Dublin area, been around guns/ammo all my life. Orginally from the back woods of CO where I was raised. Worked a lot (w/o pay, got a lot of brass though) at Big Darby until Battelle shut us down. Now I shoot at Blackwing, for long range and SD practice I shoot at Meekers close to Marion. I do a lot of reloading, during the winter mostly 40 SW, 38spl, 30-33 and .308.
What really surprised me was the cost of bullets now days. I couldn't believe how the prices jumped from just a few years ago. It's been about 5 years since I've bought a box of bullets. I still have one box of 40SW with the price tag of 12.99 on sale at Vances. I was talking to a member at BW and he said he bought a box of the same 40SW for 32.00 about a week ago. I'm glad I invested in reloading now. I don't think I could afford to shoot at these prices.
Shorty2
Post subject: Re: Just joined
Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:47 am
Hello and welcome. Longtime forumite and serial blabbermouth :lol: Stu will be along to type out a book for you to read. Enjoy!

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:47 am
Shorty2:

Welcome Aboard!

(Brian beat me to it - my #1 notebook is on the fritz, and I wasn't able to use it to reply....)

There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" masthead on the top of this page that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory, and may be sleep inducing. You'll get some idea of who's here, how this place works, and who the little dog in my avatar is. :D

I'm not really a blabbermouth - just a very fast typist. And I'm full of stories.... Long, shaggy dog, stories....

After kicking it around for about 40 years, I finally got into reloading about 18 months ago (just .45's), and in the last few weeks added .40S&W. In the process, I learned more than I wanted to know about the Dillon 650. (Swapping calibers can result in a serious re-build! - during which I found out that there were two wrenches I didn't have. I really thought I had about every one ever made under 2"....) Overall, though, I beat the November 2012 crunch, although finding supplies got interesting, but had to give up .40S&W for a while. Finally.... It seems like the local gun pushers are getting supplies of almost reasonably priced pistol rounds now, but nobody's got .22's....

Enjoy!

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:01 am
Welcome, Sucks about Big Darby, That's where I did range time when I took a CHL class.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 pm
welcome aboard! i'm glad I stocked up on ammo several years ago!

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]