New in central Ohio

Introduce Yourself Here

Moderator: SMMAssociates

Forum rules
Please have a look at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 before diving too deeply into the board.

Enjoy!
Ninex18

New in central Ohio

Post by Ninex18 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi all,

I moved to the United States from New Jersey a few weeks ago and am just starting to get set up with shooting here, so I thought I'd join. BFA was also mentioned by the instructor of a concealed carry class I recently attended.

I'm looking for outdoor ranges, has anyone had any experience with the ones at the Delaware Wildlife Area? Might check it out this coming weekend.

Really liking Ohio so far.

-Ninex18

SMMAssociates
Site Admin

Re: New in central Ohio

Post by SMMAssociates » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:09 am

Ninex18:

Welcome aboard!

There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" masthead on this page that you should have a look at - just the first couple pages unless you're in need of some sleep....

Enjoy!
Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:28 am

http://www.yellowpages.com/delaware-oh/gun-range

Give the above link a try !

Glenn
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not

NRA Endowment Life..Buckeye Firearms..US Army Veteran,1962-68..American Legion Funeral Honor Guard...

JEaton
Region Leader

Post by JEaton » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 am

Dillon sportsmen's center east of Columbus is ran by one of BFAs volunteers. Rifle, handgun, trap, skeet and I think archery also

Ninex18

Post by Ninex18 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Thanks!! I will try Dillon next. I ended up going to the handgun range at the Delaware county wildlife area, and it was great. A bit crowded, but no wait and people were very friendly with cease fires to switch targets and everything else. Nice to have the water right behind the range too. Not somewhere I would bring a first timer though, too crowded and unstructured for that - some of my attention always had to be focused on what shooters around me (who were just feet away on both sides) were doing.