Forum rules

Please have a look at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 before diving too deeply into the board.

Enjoy!
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Hi from Buckeye central! (Cbus)
Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:12 am
Hi all,

I'm a pro-2A doc who has finally settled in Ohio. I've started my CHL course (online+in-person range) and am excited about getting my permit ... although currently not allowed to carry at a hospital.

Good to be here! :D

The Hippocratic Oath does not only apply to helping the patient but protecting them when they are under your care.

NRA Member
Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership Member
Post subject: Re: Hi from Buckeye central! (Cbus)
Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:10 pm
Welcome. Hospitals are not on Ohio's Banned sites. It is the hospital that ban concealed carry!
Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:06 am
pacpod:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" masthead on this page. It's not mandatory, and may be a little sleep inducing, but the first couple pages may teach you something. Or scare you away....

My late father was a dentist. I have a sister who's an MD, two nephews who are MDs, and my daughter's an RN in Columbus. I'm a mostly retired rent-a-cop and computer guy.

Cruiser's correct about the hospitals, although you may have issues with psych wards (I'm not sure), however they seem to post automatically. One of our local hospitals spent a fortune on signs that were hard to read 'cause it was yellow text on red. Kinda made your eyes go someplace else.

I've been trying to get my daughter to get a CHL, but she can't carry at work either. She's a shooter, at least - the propaganda (and Kool Aide) haven't gotten to her. My sister, OTOH, really bought into the nonsense, and my other sister did, too.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 am
SMMAssociates wrote:
Cruiser's correct about the hospitals, although you may have issues with psych wards (I'm not sure), however they seem to post automatically.

Government run psychiatric hospitals would be automatically off limits, but not the "behavioral" wards of private facilities. However as Stu said it's rare to find any hospital in Ohio that isn't posted. Certainly I have heard of none that are unposted in any of the large cities.

The one thing that could lend credence to the "I didn't see a sign" defense is the fact that some of these hospitals make money hand over fist (even if they state otherwise) and hence are perpetually remodeling, adding new wings, etc. So sometimes they just can't keep up with putting new signs on the ever-changing entrance locations.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]