Forum rules

Please have a look at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 before diving too deeply into the board.

Enjoy!
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:03 pm
Hi there,

I recently joined BFA to try to help support them in what they do. I am a single parent and decided I wanted to be able to defend my family if the need should ever arrive, so I got some firearms, and got some training, and now am working on obtaining my concealed carry permit. I appreciate the resources found here and look forward to learning a lot from this community!
Post subject: Re: Hello from Columbus!
Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:18 pm
Welcome!

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:02 am
fem_phoenix1109:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that may be a good idea to read. (At least the first couple pages.) It's not mandatory, and may be hazardous to your health, or perhaps your sleep patterns.

I saw your notes on your other posts. Brian's got the right idea. However, this is an interstate matter, and it's possible that the folks in Illinois need to be prodded first. IMHO, they never took you off the list. You still may have to wait a year to get a CHL, though - I'm not sure about that. Grabbing a lawyer may be a good idea, but I think there are a couple DIY steps you can take first. Franklin County may be a good place to start.

Just don't tell 'em you know me and Brian :D.... I was born in Columbus, and the hospital had to move.... My daughter was also born in Columbus, and is now working at yet another hospital, about four blocks away. (She's home for the weekend. I'm hiding down here in my office.... She doesn't like us - check the sticky for details on the two cats she dropped off on us one day....)

Meantime, and back to topic, get whatever other training you can. You can keep that gun at home, or take it to whatever training you go for. (There are rules for transporting a gun, but basically, for a non-licensee, it's just "unloaded" and it's perhaps best to keep any ammunition separate in the vehicle. You probably should unload any magazines.) Don't just put it on the nightstand without some training. I'll leave "keeping to from the kids" to you....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:04 pm
be afraid.. for the right amount of kookies .... what are you looking for in a firearm

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:19 am
Hi and welcome!hope you will enjoy it here!
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]