Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: I.N.A. .38 Special Tiger (Brazil) Any details on mfgr, gun?
Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:14 am
I.N.A. .38 Special Tiger (Brazil)

I bought this gun in the early 1970s from a friend for $50 including leather belt holster, cleaning brushes, about 6 boxes of .38 ammo including .38 SP police wadcutters and a few others.

He had about 10 kids and was always adopting more, wanted to get rid of the gun. I think a son or two were cops, may have come from them?

MY QUESTIONS, is I.N.A. (INC NAC DE ARA on grip buttons) still in business? Can you look anything up about the gun with the serial numbers like mfgr date, etc. anywhere?
.38 Special on barrel, tiger image on frame, about 2 3/4" bbl, 5 shot revolver.

I've only test fired it a few times, felt pretty good on target about 15 feet. I just have it as another house gun. Is it a good gun? Any idea on today's value, it's looks good, pretty fair condition.

Your comments please, thank you, mjp.

GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, TRIBE, CAVS, YSU, and yes I like ND plus GO NAVY, beat Army!!
Post subject: Re: I.N.A. .38 Special Tiger (Brazil) Any details on mfgr, g
Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:27 am
Looks like this.....

GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, TRIBE, CAVS, YSU, and yes I like ND plus GO NAVY, beat Army!!
Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:29 am
Well I found some youtube videos on my INA .38 Special Tiger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFlJ3x1X_c

I agree with most of what they have to say about the gun including the S&W comparisons.

I still would like to find a site that you can plug your gun S/N into it to get the details like when it was made, etc....if it even exists!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:31 am
I would hesitate to fire it, and if I did it would be with the most aenemic .38 SPL load possible.

I found this on another gun forum from a brazillian citizen (note: private ownership of handguns is illegal in Brazil):

Quote:
Hi,

This is a very popular revolver here in Brazil.

I.N.A. means Industria Nacional de Armas (National Arms Industry) and it became famous in the 60' for producing for the police, the INA Sub Machine Gun, in .45 ACP, that was a clone of the Madsen. (Very reliable, btw).

They tried to make a revolver, with a reasonable price to the police, so they entered the revolver business. Their products were not well accepted, by the force, specially the .38's.

Since we only had Taurus and Rossi, and imported revolvers were to expensive, the INAs, especially the .32, became very popular among security guards (not police) and civilians, that wanted to have a gun in house for an emergency, but never uses it... , or they were sold as "Saturday Night Specials" (we don't use the expression here, but we had he guns... )

The sad news are that here in Brazil, they are abundandt, and don't really worth something and DON'T EVEN TRY .357S ON IT !!! Not even +P...

Hope it helps a bit,

Regards,

Andre Tiba - Brazil

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:59 pm
Viking wrote:
I would hesitate to fire it, and if I did it would be with the most aenemic .38 SPL load possible.

I found this on another gun forum from a brazillian citizen (note: private ownership of handguns is illegal in Brazil):

That's probably pretty good advice on any gun you're not sure about.....like HEY I wonder if this baby will shoot this load *BLAM*!

That's why I was trying to get a little background on the gun.

Oh how I miss my old house 27 years ago, used to be able to shoot in the backyard, acres of land surrounded by miles of old growth forest. Huge lake we could skip shots across like rocks. I did fire one load of 5 bullets through it, cleaned it and it's sat since then. Geezzz I miss shooting whenever I wanted to!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]