Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author
Post subject: 10 round mag limit in ohio according to midwayusa
Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:41 pm
Tried to order three 7.62x39 ArR mags today from Midwayusa and was declined. Ohio's new law is ten round maximum. When did this happen?

Steve
Dr Dustcover

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Post subject: Re: 10 round mag limit in ohio according to midwayusa
Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 pm
It didn't!

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:48 pm
some web vendors still have restrictions on mag/ammo purchases to ohio addresses ...since before our preemption law, some local municipalities had restrictions, and thus some vendors had some CYA measures in place w/ ordering... that is no longer the case (legally), but it seems some vendors are behind the times...

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 pm
That is not Ohio law. It is Cincinnati illegal law. Your zip code is not Cincinnati. Tell them to put up or shut up.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:09 pm
color of law wrote:
That is not Ohio law. It is Cincinnati illegal law. Your zip code is not Cincinnati. Tell them to put up or shut up.
Was in Toledo too before preemption.

American held hostage by ZERO the lying dictator.......for an indefinite period of time going forward..........

Ohio, a government of the unions, by the unions, for the unions
Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:25 pm
Like the others have said, there must be a mix-up in their systems - probably to do with your ZIP.

I just received my order from Midway USA, yesterday, which included a few 30-round Lancer L5 AWMs. :)

-Allen
Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:46 pm
I like Midway USA. I would just call and order over the phone.

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 pm
i just ordered a dozen 20 round mags for my ump and got them Tuesday without a problem

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:50 pm
According to the Midwayusa rep Cincinnati and Dayton are not allowed the beyond ten round mags. Cleveland is ok to ship. They said without an official government or state document they can not ship to this area. Anyone with the proper paperwork I could send to Midway? Thanks in advance.

Steve
Dr Dustcover

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:48 pm
As memory serves Midway has been given the updated version of Ohio's gun laws many times since pre-emption. Yet they seem to refuse to accept that sales here in Cincy, Columbus, etc. are kosher. Can't imagine why they're acting that way.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:00 pm
lslubecki wrote:
According to the Midwayusa rep Cincinnati and Dayton are not allowed the beyond ten round mags. Cleveland is ok to ship. They said without an official government or state document they can not ship to this area. Anyone with the proper paperwork I could send to Midway? Thanks in advance.

There are other suppliers. Clearly, they do not want your business.

To ignore your rights is a giant slap in the face to our Constitution, our freedom, and every single man and woman who has died protecting them.
We didn't lose our rights overnight. To think we'll get them back overnight is simply foolish.
Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:19 pm
I made an inquiry with the sales staff and escalated it to the management level. The resulting info was the standard script response that they can't change policy.

A little persistence got me this phone number: 573-447-5117

It's roughly a consumer complaint/suggestion box type number. See if that goes anywhere.

Proud Member of the NRA, Crossbow Nation, Buckeye Firearms Association, Ohio Freedom Alliance

So! This is how liberty dies...With thunderous applause.
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 am
Brian D. wrote:
As memory serves Midway has been given the updated version of Ohio's gun laws many times since pre-emption. Yet they seem to refuse to accept that sales here in Cincy, Columbus, etc. are kosher. Can't imagine why they're acting that way.

Gee, it couldn't be because Cincinnati refuses to modify its magazine-size ordinance that is in oppositon to 9.68, could it?

IIRC, they refuse to issue any sort of blanket recognition that it's unenforceable either.

--
James Beatty
Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:59 am
jabeatty wrote:
Brian D. wrote:

Gee, it couldn't be because Cincinnati refuses to modify its magazine-size ordinance that is in oppositon to 9.68, could it?

IIRC, they refuse to issue any sort of blanket recognition that it's unenforceable either.

I do not recall ANY political subdivision modifying their laws when the state has made changes. Many subdivisions have local ordinances that mirror ORC, the ORC was overturned by the Ohio Supreme court and is null and void, but the local ordinances remain ready to kick in if something changed.

American held hostage by ZERO the lying dictator.......for an indefinite period of time going forward..........

Ohio, a government of the unions, by the unions, for the unions
Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:27 am
Interesting, several months ago I tried to order a 33 round mag for my G17 from The Glcok Store, based in California. They could/would not ship it to me here in Ohio. I ordered the same mag from MidwayUSA and it came in 4 days.

I did notice that the mag I recieved (a Glock product not a knock off) only has 31 view holes on the side of the mag, however, there is enought room at the bottom for 2 more rounds which fit and fired quite easly out of it... humm.

I have also ordered from MidwayUSA a 17, 15 & 10 round mags for my 9mm Glocks. If there is a "10" round mag limit of some sort, no one has told Midwayusa.
 Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next