Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author
Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Anybody own one of these? Been reading about them on various sites, and have yet to find anyone who's saying a bad word about them. Sounds like a fun gun to plink around with, but apparently they are tough to find.
Post subject: Re: Kel-Tec PMC-30
Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 pm
As you said, they are tough to find...I've never seen one, nor do I know anyone who has shot one.

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 am
Do you mean the PMR-30? Yep, hard to find. They fixed the jamming issues with the magazine. I have seen a few videos that show 30 shots in as little as six seconds. I am tempted to buy one, myself.

...the right to keep and arm bears. :^b
Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 pm
Yes, I meant PMR. PMC was a company we worked with for many years, it's that "muscle memory" thing from having typed it for so long I suppose.

Anyway, several gun shows coming up before Christmas. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for one.
Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:17 pm
Having worked at the gun range most of the year I saw only one of these. Unfortunately I was busy and didn't get a chance to shoot it. I did handle it however. I would love to have one of them. Based on the frequency that I have encountered them I just don't see that happening any time soon. Very rare. Good luck finding one.

Proud Member of the NRA, Crossbow Nation, Buckeye Firearms Association, Ohio Freedom Alliance

So! This is how liberty dies...With thunderous applause.
Site Admin
Post subject: Re: Kel-Tec PMR-30
Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 am
we had two PMR-30's in hand to raffle off for our NE Ohio, Western Reserve Friends of the NRA group, but for some reason the raffle tickets didn't sell. Not sure what he ended up doing with the two pistols he had, they were even on display at the annual reverse raffle. Our current raffle is for an OOW BAR 1918A3-SLR. Sure wouldn't mind winning that one either :)

--
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine
Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm
I wish KelTec would swing more production effort toward their more interesting offerings like the PMR-30 or the KSG. They seem to still be trying to win the production battle with everyone that ripped off the P3AT. What are we up to now, 3 other competing designs you will be hard pressed to tell apart?

Chris

The walkers are coming!

I have officially lost my faith in the system.

WARNING! driver carries more than $20 in ammunition.

Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be able to provide a warning shot. Thanks for your understanding.
Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:51 pm
I think it would be a great zombie pistol :-)

America NO LONGER held hostage by ZERO the lying dictator.......:-)

Ohio, a government of the unions, by the unions, for the unions
Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:43 am
I've been interested in this gun for awhile and have inquired about it several times at different gun shops. They all know of it but they don't have any and have no idea when they can get one. Seems to be a similar situation with availlability of the .22 mag semi-auto rifle from Magnum Research.
Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 am
If you really want one, you could always order it through your favorite gun shop, and wait,. it will eventually show up if they place the order.

--
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine
Post subject: Re: Kel-Tec PMR-30
Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:17 pm
At long last, finally go to see and hold one of these hot commodities. It was at the gunshow yesterday at Hara in Dayton. Very nice, a little bigger than a expected but still fit nicely in my hand. Also bigger than expected was the price, marked up to $675 (retail $400-$425). When I asked about the price, the dealer just shrugged and said, "Supply and demand."

Even more impressive was the GSG .22 cal depulicate of the StG44. This is a beautiful piece of work! The dealer selling them at Hara had them for $589, or about $10 under retail. As much as I loved this gun, I couldn't bring myself to pay over $600 for a .22 cal rifle when I can get a 10/22 or similar weapon for half that price. When I got home, my new issue of "Shotgun News" was waiting on me. The cover story? The GSG .22 cal StG44.
Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:27 pm
I've wanted to get my hands on a PMC-30 for some time, but as difficult as they are to come by, I only managed to purchase on e a couple of weeks ago.
I took it to the range today and noted the following - trigger pull, smooth and light; sights couldn't be improved upon; accuracy, absolutely horrible!
Now, I admit that I'm old and somewhat shaky, but my son who has won a number of contests, was with me. He fared little better than I did.
Color me disappointed (and out a bit over five bills).
Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:12 am
I keep waiting for a 22lr version :/

Don't have any 22mag guns and am not looking start, but they do look cool.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:34 am
2WarAbnVet wrote:
Color me disappointed (and out a bit over five bills).

2WarAbnVet:

Welcome Aboard!

And sorry about the five bills :D.... (For a while there that would have covered a few boxes of .22Mag :mrgreen: ....)

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at but it's not mandatory. Might be sleep inducing too.... But you will learn who the little dog in my avatar is....

Enjoy!

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:41 am
I recently bought a Taurus 941BL. This is a rock-solid 8-shot revolver chambered for 22mag and it is very accurate. Using the DA trigger like a SA gives you 3-pound trigger pull. Using it like a DA trigger gives you a smooth pull that is three-times as heavy. I really love the fact that I can shoot it like my SA Colt revolver.

The Taurus appears to be a better buy than the PMR-30 given the accuracy problems.

...the right to keep and arm bears. :^b
 Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next