Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 pm
I have a 357SIG conversion barrel for my XDm40 and have enjoyed shooting the caliber for a few years now. Due to the ammo being not as available as others I have been mostly shooting WWB and Gold Dot ammo. A few months ago I ordered a few hundred rounds from Underwood knowing their reputation for "hot" rounds. I haven't gotten around to function checking the ammo until yesterday...

**** **** this stuff is hot! I had ripped though a mag of WWB first so I would have a benchmark and then switched to the Underwood stuff. There is definitely more flash though I wouldn't say it has more kick... More like more "push". It just feels powerful. This actually feels like I am shooting a clone of the 357Mag out of a semi-auto (exactly what the creators of the caliber intended).

I might have to sample some of Underwood's other offerings. It actually makes me want to pick up something chambered in 10mm. :D

-Matt

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.
Post subject: Re: 357SIG Underwood Ammo
Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:10 pm
Are you watching for pressure signs?

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:43 pm
Yup, no flattening of the primers, no mangled brass, gun runs like a top.

-Matt

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.
Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:57 am
I'm so relieved that you didn't answer my question with 'What are pressure signs?' :lol:

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:50 am
Brian D. wrote:
I'm so relieved that you didn't answer my question with 'What are pressure signs?' :lol:

What? You mean the firing pin isn't supposed to punch a hole in the primer and the brass isn't supposed to bulge?? :mrgreen:

-Matt

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:29 am
Sneak's, I think you are comparing apples to applesauce. I think they will be close but different. The 357 Sig should cause a deeper wound while the 135 40 make a larger shallower wound. My only concern with the 135 - 40 would be enough penetration for your big mac fueled neighbor seeking Twinkies.
Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:51 am
Romellio:

Welcome Aboard!

(I see you've hit on an old thread. Everybody does that; not to worry.)

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory, and may cause sleep. Or worse....

Otherwise, Enjoy!

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:42 am
I think you are comparing apples to applesauce. I think they will be close but different. The 357 Sig should cause a deeper wound while the 135 40 make a larger shallower wound. My only concern with the 135 - 40 would be enough penetration for your big mac fueled neighbor seeking Twinkies.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:09 am
(Putting this out in public view intentionally.)

Romellio:

Very interesting.... Your second post is identical to your first, except for a link to a web site selling weapons that may be illegal in OH....

I'm starting to get the feel that the URL is your only purpose for being here....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]