Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:30 pm
I was wondering is it legal to conceal carry a Glock 23 with a Lone WOlf conversion barrel for 9mm
Post subject: Re: Modified G23
Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:46 am
bkc1978:

I can't give you a definitive answer, but if you've got a CHL, it does not specify which weapon, other than it being a handgun. Nor does it care how/if you've modified the weapon, as long as you don't end up with a full-auto gun, and/or a few other odd things.

I'd guess that you want to use a normally rifled barrel instead of one with Glock's polygonal rifling.

Such modifications might get a Prosecutor out of his/her chair, or help in a Civil case against you, but in either case, a good attorney should be able to control it.

(I take it that you got your CHL since last May.)

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:56 am
Great question, I think Stu covered the basic gist. I have carried a converted G27 in the past, after I was 100% satisfied about the reliability.

Lone Wolf & Storm Lake "drop in" barrels are a great way to get more versatility & value out of your Glock. Especially for those of us who use lead re-loads. I had a 9mm conversion for my G27, but I have long since traded that one away. I'd like to get a Storm Lake barrel for my G21, so I can use cast bullets in that pistol (I already do in my 1911.)

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:45 pm
Thkx for the replies...appreciate it
Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:30 am
The Glock 19 and Glock 23 are identical frames with a few exceptions:
You can't convert a Glock 23 to a 19 simply by putting a 19 barrel into the 23, primarily because the ejector in the 23 is straight and the ejector in the 19 is bent because of the smaller 9mm cartridge. What you COULD do is buy a lone-wolf 40-9 conversion barrel. That barrel has the chamber slightly offset to compensate for this ejector difference. Of course, you'll also need the 9mm magazine.
Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:21 am
The Glock 19 and Glock 23 are identical frames with a few exceptions:
You can't convert a Glock 23 to a 19 simply by putting a 19 barrel into the 23, primarily because the ejector in the 23 is straight and the ejector in the 19 is bent because of the smaller 9mm cartridge. What you COULD do is buy a lone-wolf 40-9 conversion barrel. That barrel has the chamber slightly offset to compensate for this ejector difference. Of course, you'll also need the 9mm magazine.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:19 pm
Looks like this thread has received a recent revival. :)

I'll put in my 2 cents, in terms of function. I recently got a plain-Jane Lone Wolf 9x19 conversion barrel for my Gen3 G32, and so far it seems to function fine, feeding from Magpul PMag 17 GL9 mags (other pertinent details include a Vickers mag release and OE Glock extended slide stop). I got the polished one, mainly so that I can easily differentiate it from the .357 SIG. My main purpose is to use this barrel for higher volume training.

I started off using 10 rounds of Speer's 124 gr. +P Gold Dots for break-in. Thereafter, I switched to Freedom Munitions' new-manufacture 115 gr. range fodder. My friend, who had not shot a pistol in many, many years (he's an Eagle Scout, still active in Scouting, so he has some firearms experience, but virtually no handgun experience), put approx. 50 rounds downrange with it. After the initial 10 of the defensive ammo, the only other time I shot it was to demo. to him the Vickers-Hackathorn 10-10-10 Test, which, embarrassingly, I only scored "81" (out of the 7 ring, I score as a complete miss, and I tossed a shot wide right - I chalk it up to a complete lack of familiarity with the trigger path of the gun: I was going way too fast for how unfamiliar I was with the gun, as my splits were consistently between .43 to .65 seconds...I finished the test with way too much time on my hands). That was shot with the 115 gr. FMs. I'm certain that, total, we put no more than 100 rounds through the conversion.

It should be getting a full workout this weekend as I'm loaning the gun to my friend for an all day defensive pistol class. Average round-count for this class has been in the 400-450 range, from the past few times I've taken it.

I think that as with most reports, mine is also going to be a non-issue, at least mechanically speaking.

-Allen
 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]