Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:05 pm
Looking for a new barrel for my Glock 33. I replaced the factory barrel in my G31 with a Lone Wolf, but I'm having a hard time finding one for the 33.

So I thought I might go a bit up-market and get a Storm Lake. But I've heard they often/sometimes require fitting by a gunsmith.

Anyone have any experience with the Storm Lakes in this regard? I'm not worried about the quality--I know that's pretty impeccable. It's the fit I'm concerned about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://mcullison.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @camdenmike

I got a gun for my wife. Good trade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post subject: Re: Storm Lake barrels
Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:53 pm
Mike:

Jake, a SysAdmin over on OFCC, has used Storm Lake, I think, in his (bite my tongue) Glocks :D, with good results.

Good guy. It's OK to tell him I sent you. Just don't tell anybody here :D...

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:44 pm
I'm not sure if there are specific gen 4 barrels. I've use a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel in a gen 3 G23. After the first trip to the range, which I had 5 or so failures to eject, it has run very well with no more failures. If you want, you can also replace the ejector and extractor and you would have better reliability. I don't think I'd ever use it as an EDC though. Just because that isn't how it came out of the factory. But I might be convinced otherwise after thousands of rounds at 100%
Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:19 am
Jirover:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that might be worth a look, but it's not mandatory, and may be hazardous to your health :D....

I've never heard about a Storm Lake barrel being a problem.

The few failures to eject may just have been some rough spots on the chamber or something like that. I wouldn't panic :) .... IAC, a few hundred rounds (or more) usually is a good idea - even for the original stock barrel.

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:50 pm
SMMAssociates wrote:
Jirover:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that might be worth a look, but it's not mandatory, and may be hazardous to your health :D....

Regards,

After all these years I must ask, How many stickies are there on a sheet and how many sheets of stickies do you have????

Please don't say billions and billions and billions......
Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:42 am
COL:

Just one sticky, although it's way too many pages long, and it's referenced at the top of every page in "New Members" and dozens of "Welcome Aboard" messages....

Don't pull my chain today - the kid's in town for couple days. Pure evil.... She rented an apartment in Columbus that's two full flights "up" to get in, and one more flight inside to get to the bathroom. I'm too old to get to the bathroom :mrgreen: ....

Nobody could say "billions and billions" like Carl Sagan,too. I miss him.

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:28 pm
I'm not sure if there are specific gen 4 barrels. I've use a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel in a gen 3 G23. After the first trip to the range, which I had 5 or so failures to eject, it has run very well with no more failures. If you want, you can also replace the ejector and extractor and you would have better reliability. I don't think I'd ever use it as an EDC though. Just because that isn't how it came out of the factory. But I might be convinced otherwise after thousands of rounds at 100.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]