Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: When buying a c&r weapon online do you need to send id
Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:46 am
Hey everyone

i was wondering im going to buy a firearm from j&G sales soon,i was wondering do you need to send a copy of of your id as well i just dont want all my info filled on someones cpu in arizona,also when buying old guns whats is a good gun smith place in ohio i can ship to have them comb over maybe do some work on it to make sure its fully functional?

thanks ice

also any good deals on cz-82's im searching but cant find any i hear they are the cream of the crop of c&r hand guns
Post subject: Re: When buying a c&r weapon online do you need to send id
Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:13 am
AIM Surplus here in Ohio gets in batches of CZ-82's about as often as any other importer. But I'd imagine the pipeline of them from over seas is down to a trickle these days.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post subject: Re: When buying a c&r weapon online do you need to send id
Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:02 am
They need your DL if you fax or email your C&R.

http://www.jgsales.com/faq.php

Quote:
What do I have to do to buy a gun online or by phone?
Legally when an individual wants to buy a gun through the mail they must have it shipped to a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder. However if you do not have an FFL you can still order online.
para deleted for space
Second have them send us a signed in ink, legible, copy of their FFL via fax, email, or mail. (C&R licenses can be mailed, or are also accepted via fax or email if a copy of the driver's license with matching name is included.) Please include the phone number and contact name. This only needs to be sent once as it is kept on file until it expires.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]