Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Remington Model 14 .25 cal.
Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 pm
I just purchased a Remington Model 14, serial number shows it was made in 1918. The riffle is ruff the way I like them and great working condition. I bought this rifle to restore, but I am having second thoughts. Not to sure if this is going to kill the value of the gun or not. I am having a hard time finding any .25 cal. model 14's. Any opinions or suggestions?
Post subject: Re: Remington Model 14 .25 cal.
Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:49 am
Generally speaking it does knock down collector value if you do a restore job. How important that is to you compared to wanting the gun to look nice again, only you have the answer.

Before all the other brands of 1911 handguns came along, the Colts be they civilian sale or military "surplus" were modified by competitors for Bullseye, NRA Action Pistol, IPSC, etc. Nobody I ever talked to had any regrets about messing up the resale value.

Nowadays with all the clones available, some already set up as race guns, it would be a shame to chop, grind, drill, etc. on a 1919 commercial Colt. But every once in a while on a gunsmithing forum I visit, someone shows pictures of their project gun recently made from one of the old timers.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:50 pm
I don't collect them but I know people that have them . They shoot nice. I have seen them for sale from about $320 to over $ $500. I think they stopped making them in 1937. They came in different calibers. 35 Rem was one cal. I think the other cal were 25 and 30 cal????? I like mine but only have a 35 Rem. mine had a scope on it so that kind of takes the collector value away. The ones never tapped and in the non 35 Cal would be more collectable. I have seen them on the used gun racks at Cabelas with $ 500. Tags on them. I got mine on the cheaper price range.
Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:45 am
Wonder what the OP decided to do?

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:02 pm
I don't collect them but I know people that have them . They shoot nice. I have seen them for sale from about $320 to over $ $500. I think they stopped making them in 1937. They came in different calibers. 35 Rem was one cal. I think the other cal were 25 and 30 cal????? I like mine but only have a 35 Rem. mine had a scope on it so that kind of takes the collector value away. The ones never tapped and in the non 35 Cal would be more collectable. I have seen them on the used gun racks at Cabelas with $ 500. Tags on them. I got mine on the cheaper price range.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:26 am
Talking about Remington Model 14 I cannot stop thinking about MReeder’s Lee Enfield. It used to be my favorite class rifle which I still think it is better than Remington 14.

Get firearms safety training online from an NRA certified school.
MA Gun License
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]