Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: C&R Dealers online any good ones
Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:54 pm
Hello everyone

Im looking to purchase a C&R firearm for CCW i have my eyes on a romanian torakev but i am still open to any other options such as the p-64 since that seems to be the new item flooding the markets which one is better? or any suggestions would be appreciated.

on a side note when buying old weapons whats the best way to ensure teh firearm is fully functional?

Ice
Post subject: Re: C&R Dealers online any good ones
Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:13 pm
Ice:

Can't help you on dealers - we probably have a few guys here who know somebody or are doing it themselves, though.

Other than actually taking the gun to the range, presuming it's not a flintlock or percussion arm, very carefully insure the weapon is empty, cock it, and then drop a pencil (eraser end first :)) down the barrel. Point it slightly upwards, and making sure that there's nobody you're likely to hit in that direction, squeeze the trigger normally. If the lockwork is OK, the pencil should go flying.

For flintlocks and percussion guns, just prime the pan or apply a cap, and (safely!) fire the thing (safe direction, etc.). If that part's working, you'll know it....

A handful of snap caps (in the correct caliber) can be used to verify revolver cylinder loading or working through the magazine. Unprimed and powderless cases, with the proper bullet installed, can also be used. Live rounds should only be tested this way when on the range, and pointed safely downrange. Firing pins or strikers can get stuck "out".... (I'm not going to admit how I found that out :D, but nothing went bang.)

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post subject: Re: C&R Dealers online any good ones
Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 pm
J & G Sales have treated me right. I've purchased several C&R from them.

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php?fullsite=true
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]