Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:20 pm
I am looking to purchase my next rifle and one of the guns that I am very interested in is the Century Arms C308. I have looked up several Youtube reviews and I have not seen anything yet that is a deal breaker. I know it is not perfect, it is known for sometimes dimpling primers, eating up the brass that it shoots because of the fluted chamber, and also for having an accuracy at or around 5 moa.

Despite all this, I still a see an affordable .308 battle rifle that can be had for under 700 bucks. I think I am going to get one in the near future but I wanted to see if anyone else on here has already had any experience with the rifle or maybe even owns one. As much as I love the youtube reviewers, I'd be happy to hear some feedback from the average gun owner as well.
Post subject: Re: Century Arms C308?
Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:47 pm
Just my take but there are several AR-10 style .308/7.62 rifles on the market now, for not much additional money. Most add ons, optics, etc. made for the AR-15 will fit their beefier "cousins" as well. MagPul makes good quality magazines at a decent price point.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:15 pm
junk junk junk

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:20 pm
get a ptr 91 ... its identical to h/k I have both and parts interchange ... century ... anything with their name is freaking garbage .. I have seen them grind the bolt face 50 thousandths to get them to work right .. and that's a bad very bad thing to do ... and unlike a ar10 you can abuse it and it will come back for more.. I am a h/k guru and will take a h/k or a ptr over any ar anyday ........

I own the folling in h/k
usp in 45 ... why 40 and 9 and 10 mm are gay
a ump suppressed in 45 why .. see above statement ^
2 mp5
1 mp5 sd
hk 21

buy a prt and I think I can afford to give ya some mags I have like 200 of them

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:28 pm
.5 moa... from a century . yea........ from a ptr or h/k try less than 2 moa ... as far as chewing brass. I reload mine all day .. when I can find it .. it loves to throw brass.... and dimpling primers . never seen that unless it been fired ...

and want to shoot cheap 308 they make a practice bolt for 110 bucks that shoots training rounds ( they are plastic and lethal to 200 yards ) and you can buy a 1000 rounds for 120 bucks . cant do that with a ar

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:07 pm
Sweet, I am very grateful for the feedback. As far as the AR-10 is concerned, I believe it would be a far better choice for customization and they are not too much more than the c308. However, I already own an AR-15 and I've been trying to broaden my horizons a bit. I do think that I will purchase (or maybe build) an AR-10 in the near future though.

I also agree that a PTR industries rifle is going to top this C308 any day of the week. I also agree that Century arms is not the most reliable company. However, I do have their GP-Wasr and I must admit that I was blown away by this gun. It is absolutely flawless compared to what I heard it would be like. It makes me wonder if maybe century has been doing a little better. I know Century made a cetme style rifle some years back and it was a complete flop. I feel a little more optimistic about the C308 because it is surplus Cetme parts mixed with an American manufactured PTR Industries receiver and maybe other parts as well.

Overall, I appreciate your help. I'll do some looking around and see if I can find a good price on a PTR industries rifle. Then I'll reconsider my options.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]