Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
Author
Post subject: In the market for a rifle safe
Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:12 pm
So I just bought a Sig Sauer M400 and my wife freaked out when she saw it. I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas Story. “You'll shoot your eye out” and all that jazz. She wants me to lock it up because she's afraid it's gonna go off and obliterate our bedroom, but the only gun safe we own is a tiny biometric safe I keep under our bed for my Glock 19.

I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for long gun safes. I took a look at this site (https://gunnewsdaily.com/reviews/gun-safes/) and they listed a whole bunch of options, but it's a bit confusing because there's so many varieties. I like the idea of a fireproof safe, but I could also use something that's water-resistant since we live by the water and it's storm season and all.

I should probably mention that we were hit hard by Hurricane Sandy because we live on the corner, just a block away from the sound. It would be great if someone could give me a suggestion that's fireproof and water-resistant. I read that a gun safe dehumidifier is a good idea if you're in a climate with a lot of moisture but I dont' want to break the bank. I just want something that's simple and secure. Any thoughts??
 Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]