Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:24 pm
I have shot the 44 mag in pistols for many years but am considering a rifle in 44 for deer hunting, of those of you that hunt deer with this in a rifle which rifle do you like and why, what kind of accuracy are you getting, and what kind of performance on game are you getting and with what bullets, also I do handload my own ammo, and I am not interested in a lever action, thanks

M&M
Post subject: Re: 44 mag rifles
Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:34 pm
The only rifle in current production I know of that's not a lever action would be the Ruger model 77/44 bolt action. Years ago there was the IMI Timberwolf pump action, and the Ruger model 44 semiautomatic carbine. Some of the latter two can be found on Gunbroker and similar sites. Seems to me I recall that a small amount of Remington Model 700 bolt actions were made in .44 magnum, although I may have the model number wrong there. Didn't bother to look it up.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post subject: Re: 44 mag rifles
Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:11 pm
I am kind of thinking about the ruger 77/44 or maybe finding the ruger semi auto the remington was a model 788 in 44 its supposed to be very accurate but its hard to find

M&M
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]