Page 4 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author
Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:56 pm
GunnerJacky:

Ouch....

Shooting in the basement may be a problem if your neighbors notice, or if you don't set the range up correctly. I'll "officially" tell you not to do it....

That said, any decent gun store (including places like Dick's, Gander Mountain, etc.) probably has a bunch of muffs and/or earplugs to choose from. They're all good, IMHO. $20 or $30 ought to do it Plugs vary in price and quality, but you probably should wear BOTH for additional protection. The (usually block) walls tend to bounce the sound around to our detriment. Run, do not walk, to the store.... (Or you can go online.)

I like the "electronic" types that shut off while you're actually firing, and turn back on when the noise dies down. They're really not as good as the plain muffs (IMHO), but it's great on the range. I think you should be able to find something for under $50.

You should, come to think of it, check with your lawyer, about shooting indoors like that. Might be a legal issue in your neighborhood. My neighbors never seemed to notice when I was shooting primer-powered plastic rounds downstairs, but it's quite a distance to one side, and the neighbor on the other side never seemed to mind anything. The "far away" neighbor's grandson (he moved to FL and gave the house to his son, who's since married and had kids) plays in a band, and rehearses in his basement or garage. 300' and I can still hear 'em, but only if I'm outside.

I don't think he noticed the sirens I used to test.... The new neighbor on that side doesn't seem to like me :D....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post subject: Re: Places to shoot
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:22 am
SMMAssociates wrote:
GunnerJacky:

Check with your lawyer, about shooting indoors like that. Might be a legal issue in your neighborhood.

Wow, if my neighbor was doing that what I am doing I may have complained to the police. Fortunately, that doesn't happen in my locality. I get to shoot in the afternoon when everybody is at work (office). So, nobody stays at home to notice the gun shots sound. I think I should better talk to my lawyer about what you have said just to be in the safe side. Thank you!!! :)

Get firearms safety training online from an NRA certified school.
MA Gun License
 Page 4 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4