Page 5 of 6 [ 77 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Post subject: Re: Myth Busters: Did Zimmerman “Chase Down” a Fleeing Marti
Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:22 am
Thanks for all the updates etc.

I can't believe after seeing the layout of the land, and knowing the fact that zimmerman went on police rides, and I think he felt a bit like he was a comrade, how anyone would hear the word "running" in the tape, and not understand that George didn't mean he was RUNNING, but, as you said, taking off and trying to "lose" his tail. He ducked fast around that corner, and waited... you proved it. *sigh* It's so tragic.

Law of Self Defense wrote:
Hey folks,

One of the enduring myths of the falsified public narrative promulgated by the State prosecutors and other anti-Zimmerman zealots has been that George Zimmerman “chased down” a frightened Trayvon Martin who was simply attempting to secure the safety of his destination (his father’s girlfriend’s home in at the Retreat at Twin Lakes neighborhood.

Is that what really happened? Or is George Zimmerman’s recounting more credible and consistent with the facts in evidence?

Take a look at my latest fact-based "myth busters" installment, and decide for yourselves: Myth Busters: Did Zimmerman “Chase Down” a Fleeing Martin?

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense
Facebook: Law of Self Defense

Pro God, Pro Life, Pro Gun. Pro Camera.
No Jesus, No life. Know Jesus, Know Life!
Post subject: Re: Myth Busters: Did Zimmerman “Chase Down” a Fleeing Marti
Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:28 pm
write2char wrote:
Thanks for all the updates etc.

Sure thing.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense

Andrew F. Branca, Attorney at Law (MA)
This message does NOT constitute legal advice.
Post subject: Zimmerman Trial Day 6: Live Video, Analysis of State's Case
Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 am
Hey folks,

Today we will again be covering the Zimmerman Trial live, all day, with streaming video. Continuing commentary will be posted in the Twitter feed of selected contributors below the first video feed, and breaking news will be added at the bottom of this post.

During the lunch recess, or immediately thereafter, we will post a mid-day update (not just a list of tweets this time!). We'll then follow up with the usual detailed end-of-day wrap up, including video and embedded Tweets, at the usual time in the evening.

You can watch it all here:

Zimmerman Trial LIVE VIDEO – Day 6 – State’s Witnesses

For all of our prior coverage on day-to-day events in court, as covered here at Legal Insurrection, click here:

ARCHIVE: Zimmerman Trial LIVE coverage all day, every day

For all of our prior coverage on issues specific to the Law of Self Defense as covered at my own blog, click here:

Law of Self Defense Blog: Zimmerman Trial

(NOTE: As much as I appreciate everyone visiting the LOSD blog, be sure to return to Legal Insurrection to comment, as nearly all my time is spent there for the duration of the trial. Handy links are provided everywhere that might be useful.)

Andrew
[[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense[/url]

Post subject: Zimmerman Trial Day 6 – Analysis & Video – State’s witness C
Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Hey folks,

For those who are interested, my end-of-day video and analysis of the Day 6 of Florida v. Zimmerman has just been posted. *If you didn’t listen to the live streaming of the Zimmerman case, you missed the most astonishing cross-examination of a trial that has been hip-deep in astonishing cross-examinations. (Fortunately for you, we provide the video–it’s worth watching it.)

On the stand was Chris Serino, who was the lead investigator for the Sanford Police Department on the Trayyvon Martin shooting. Defense counsel Mark O’Mara led cross-examination with his usual consummate skill, obtaining responses from this witness–remember, the State’s witness–that all but completely guts the State’s charge in this case.

Zimmerman Trial Day 6 – Analysis & Video – State’s witness Chris Serino seriously undermines charge

In addition to the end-of-day wrap up we also posted a mid-day analysis:

Zimmerman Update Exclusive — Mid-Day 6 — Zimmerman recounts fight for his life (recording)

We also separately made a couple of blog posts you might find interesting:

Zimmerman Update — How Much Injury Is Required Before Self-Defense is Justified?

Zimmerman Trial: Evidentiary Flashback: Investigator Serino Tells FBI He Was Pressured to Bring Charges

Don't forget to join us Tuesday at 9:00AM for our all day live coverage of Day 7 of the trial.

Also, don't forget to "follow" my Twitter feed--most of my minute-by-minute observations, analysis, and just funny remarks over the course of the day are published on my Twitter feed: [[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense[/url] (no "of" in there).

To see our weekend wrap-up and reader poll of the trial up through last week, click here:

Zimmerman Trial – Open Comment Forum – Weekend Wrap-Up & Reader Poll

For all of our prior coverage on day-to-day events in court, as covered here at Legal Insurrection, click here:

For all of our prior coverage on issues specific to the Law of Self Defense as covered at my own blog, click here:

Enjoy,

Andrew

Post subject: Zimmerman Trial Day 7: Live Video, Analysis of State's Case
Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:47 am
Hey folks,

Today we will again be covering the Zimmerman Trial live, all day, with streaming video. Continuing commentary will be posted in the Twitter feed of selected contributors below the first video feed, and breaking news will be added at the bottom of this post.

During the lunch recess, or immediately thereafter, we will post a mid-day update. We'll then follow up with the usual detailed end-of-day wrap up, including video and embedded Tweets, at the usual time in the evening.

Today court is expected to start at 9:00AM with the continuing cross-examination Sanford PD Investigator Chris Serino, who's cross-examination yesterday by defense attorney Mark O'Mara did so much damage the the State's theory of the case.

You can watch it all here:

[url="http://lawofselfdefense.com/zimmerman-trial-day-7-live-video-analysis-of-states-case-witnesses/"]Zimmerman Trial LIVE VIDEO – Day 7 – State’s Witnesses[/url]

You see our analysis and video of O'Mara's devastating cross-examination of Serino (devastating, that is, to the State--Serino comes across as a consummate professional) here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 6 – Analysis & Video – State’s witness Chris Serino seriously undermines charge

(NOTE: As much as I appreciate everyone visiting the LOSD blog, be sure to return to Legal Insurrection to comment, as nearly all my time is spent there for the duration of the trial. Handy links are provided everywhere that might be useful.)

Andrew

Post subject: Re: Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly l
Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:14 pm
Thanks for the links, haven't had a chance to really follow it but maybe i'll watch some of the archived video.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post subject: Zimmerman Trial Day 7 Wrap Up: Prosecution recovers a little
Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:42 pm
Hey folks,

We covered the morning’s events with our mid-day update, available here at the link below. It included the completion of cross-examination of Chris Serino, who was more ambivalent today than yesterday, and the testimony of Federal Air Marshal Mark Osterman, self-described best-friend of George Zimmerman who testified about what George had told him of the events without hearsay objection by the defense--frankly, it was the kind of hearsay defense attorneys dream of.

If you’ve already viewed it, be aware that I have just now added to that post the video recordings of the morning testimony, so if you are interested in seeing those, that’s the place to go:

Zimmerman Update Exclusive — Mid-Day 7 — Serino more ambivalent, Osterman supports self-defense

This afternoon's line-up had a video presentation of George Zimmerman's appearance on the Sean Hannity show, testimony by a trucked-in medical examiner from the Prosecution team's home-town who never examined either Martin's body or Zimmerman's head, a debate about whether the State could bring into evidence Zimmerman's college records and police academy application (to be settled tomorrow at 8:30AM hearing), and finally testimony from a fingerprint analysts who was unable to identify the only print found on Zimmerman's gun.

To read our analysis and access the video for all aspects of this afternoon's testimony, click here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 7 Wrap Up: Prosecution recovers a little, prepared to introduce college records

Well, that's it for day 7. Don't forget to join us for our all-day live coverage, streaming video and ongoing analysis and scrolling Twitter feed tomorrow. 8:30AM sharp for the hearing on Zimmerman's college records, and whatever time that hearing ends for the trial proper.

Enjoy,

Andrew

Post subject: Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis of State's Case
Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:17 am
Hey folks,

During the lunch recess, or immediately thereafter, we will post a mid-day update. We'll then follow up with the usual detailed end-of-day wrap up, including video and embedded Tweets, at the usual time in the evening.

Today court is expected to start at 8:30AM with a hearing, before the jury is brought into the courtroom, on whether to admit into evidence the State’s proffer of Zimmerman’s college records, his application to a Virginia police academy (he used to live in VA), and his application to do a “ride-along” with police officers (an opportunity offered by many departments). As soon as that hearing is over the trial proper is expected to begin.

You can watch it all her LIVE:

Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis of State’s Case & Witnesses

You see our analysis and video of yesterday’s courtroom testimony, including Chris Serino’s equivocation, Mark Osterman’s very favorable testimony, Zimmerman’s appearance on Sean Hannity, the odd medical testimony of imported medical examiner Dr. Rao, and the brief and uninformative testimony of fingerprint expert Kristine Benson, here:

Zimmerman Update Exclusive — Mid-Day 7 — Serino more ambivalent, Osterman supports self-defense

and here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 7 Wrap Up: Prosecution recovers a little, prepared to introduce college records

Andrew
[[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense[/url] (or [[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense2[/url] when I am in Twitmo--follow both!)

Post subject: Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis of State's Case
Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 am
Hey folks,

Today court is expected to start at 8:30AM with a hearing, before the jury is brought into the courtroom, on whether to admit into evidence the State’s proffer of Zimmerman’s college records, his application to a Virginia police academy (he used to live in VA), and his application to do a “ride-along” with police officers (an opportunity offered by many departments). As soon as that hearing is over the trial proper is expected to begin.

You can watch it all her LIVE:

Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis of State’s Case & Witnesses

You see our analysis and video of yesterday’s courtroom testimony, including Chris Serino’s equivocation, Mark Osterman’s very favorable testimony, Zimmerman’s appearance on Sean Hannity, the odd medical testimony of imported medical examiner Dr. Rao, and the brief and uninformative testimony of fingerprint expert Kristine Benson, here:

and here:

Andrew
[[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense[/url] (or [[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense2[/url] when I am in Twitmo--follow both!)

Post subject: Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis & Reader Poll: D
Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:34 pm
Hey folks,

Just wrapped up Day 8 of Florida v. Zimmerman, and things went no better for the prosecution today than in prior days–indeed, the morning was pretty much a disaster for the offense. For details on the morning’s events, click here:

Zimmerman Update Exclusive — Mid-Day 8 — State Wins Evidentiary Battle, Loses Testimony War

The afternoon involved mostly a tirad by Judge Nelson at the defense, and an interminable presentation of totally pointless DNS evidence over a period of several hours. To lighten things up, however, we do have a reader poll in which can you vote as to whether you believe that George Zimmerman should testify in his own defense. You can see these wondrous events here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis & Reader Poll: DNA Inconclusive & Judge Nelson Terse

First things first–Legal Insurrection presents yet another of our class-leading internet polls on Florida v. Zimmerman. Vote to lend your voice to whether George Zimmerman should be called by the defense to testify:

July 4, Birthday of the Greatest Nation on Earth

Tomorrow, July 4, the celebration of the birth of the greatest nation on the face of the Earth, is a day off rest for the Court, and hopefully for most of you.

But not for this humble correspondent. Tomorrow we will present a post that prognosticates on the path forward for this trial including the prospects for mid-trial motions for a directed verdict, likely strategies and witnesses to be called by the defense, and how both the State and defense are likely to try to fit the developed facts in evidence, as well as circumstantial evidence, into the compelling narrative that is their closing arguments–and how closely those closing arguments are likely to align with the commitments they made to the jury at the start of this trial.

So, keep your eyes open for that tomorrow, and have a safe, wonderful, and fireworks-filled day of celebration of the birth of our great nation. (And go shoot some guns, BEST WAY EVAH to celebrate the 4th--especially military-type stuff. I expect to have my Garand, AR, 1911, etc., all out to the range.)

Best,

Andrew
[[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense[/url] (and [[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense2[/url] for when I'm in Twitmo--follow both!)

Post subject: Zimmerman Trial Update & NRA Discount Coupon
Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:24 pm
Hey folks,

My apologies for my posts here becoming a bit more sporadic, but it's a busy time on the home front, and I sometimes just can't find time each evening to drop in and leave an update.

For those still interested, however, my wrap-up of day 9 of the trial, in which the State rested its case, Judge Nelson denied the defense motion for a directed verdict of acquittal, and the defense began presenting its case to the juray with the testimony of Gladys Zimmerman, George's mother, and Jorge Meza, George's uncle and career LEO, can be found here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 9 — Families Feud Over Scream Identification

I can't remember now if I previously mentioned the July 4 Review of the trial, so in case I didn't that can be found here:

Zimmerman Trial Review – How We Got Here, And Where We’re Going

Also this weekend I'll do a detailed analysis on each side's theory of the case moving foward, and how I expect the defense strategy to unfold over the coming week. I'll try to get back here and post a notice when that goes up, but in case I don't have time it might be worth keeping an on my Twitter feed, [[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense[/url] and/or the Law of Self Defense Facebook page.

Finally, I'm excited to say that the first genuine print copies of The Law of Self Defense, Second Edition, have begun to arrive, and shipping has begun to all our pre-order clients who took advantage of the 30% discount and free shipping offer. If you're among those you should expect to find the book arrive in your mailbox sometime this week.

First Print Copies of “The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition” Arrive!

Now that shipping of the book has begun, the pre-order period for the book, along with the 30% discount has ended. We are, however, continuing a 20% discount for the duration of the trial, and if you're a member of the NRA--honor system, now!--you can use the coupon LOSD2-NRA at check-out to get an additional $5 off, and free shipping (the discount is reflected in the last price listed at bottom). This in effect maintains the 30% discount, but only until the Zimmerman jury returns a verdict.

Alternatively, the book is also available on Amazon.com, but at around list price (just under $50), unless they choose to discount (that's up to them).

Best,

Andrew
[[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense[/url](& [[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense2[/url])
[URL=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Law-of-Self-Defense/176397865719110]Facebook: Law of Self Defense[/URL]

Post subject: Re: Zimmerman Trial Update & NRA Discount Coupon
Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:02 am
Hey folks,

My apologies for my posts here becoming a bit more sporadic, but it's a busy time on the home front, and I sometimes just can't find time each evening to drop in and leave an update.

For those still interested, however, my wrap-up of day 9 of the trial, in which the State rested its case, Judge Nelson denied the defense motion for a directed verdict of acquittal, and the defense began presenting its case to the juray with the testimony of Gladys Zimmerman, George's mother, and Jorge Meza, George's uncle and career LEO, can be found here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 9 — Families Feud Over Scream Identification

I can't remember now if I previously mentioned the July 4 Review of the trial, so in case I didn't that can be found here:

Zimmerman Trial Review – How We Got Here, And Where We’re Going

Also this weekend I'll do a detailed analysis on each side's theory of the case moving foward, and how I expect the defense strategy to unfold over the coming week. I'll try to get back here and post a notice when that goes up, but in case I don't have time it might be worth keeping an on my Twitter feed, [[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense[/url] and/or the Law of Self Defense Facebook page.

Finally, I'm excited to say that the first genuine print copies of The Law of Self Defense, Second Edition, have begun to arrive, and shipping has begun to all our pre-order clients who took advantage of the 30% discount and free shipping offer. If you're among those you should expect to find the book arrive in your mailbox sometime this week.

First Print Copies of “The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition” Arrive!

Now that shipping of the book has begun, the pre-order period for the book, along with the 30% discount has ended. We are, however, continuing a 20% discount for the duration of the trial, and if you're a member of the NRA--honor system, now!--you can use the coupon LOSD2-NRA at check-out to get an additional $5 off, and free shipping (the discount is reflected in the last price listed at bottom). This in effect maintains the 30% discount, but only until the Zimmerman jury returns a verdict.

Alternatively, the book is also available on Amazon.com, but at around list price (just under $50), unless they choose to discount (that's up to them).

Best,

Andrew
[[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense[/url](& [[email protected]]@LawSelfDefense2[/url])
[URL=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Law-of-Self-Defense/176397865719110]Facebook: Law of Self Defense[/URL]

Congratulations Andrew!
I'm looking forward to getting my copy.

Colorado

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same of them"
- John Wayne
Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:14 pm
Colorado wrote:
Congratulations Andrew!

Should arrive no later than end of this week, but i'm already hearing form folks who've received it, so hopefully sooner.

Best,

Andrew

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:17 am
Colorado wrote:
Congratulations Andrew!

Should arrive no later than end of this week, but i'm already hearing form folks who've received it, so hopefully sooner.

Best,

Andrew

Andrew,
I'll tell you the UPS/FedEx guy banged on my door so hard last night that I just about Drew Down and Sicked my German Shepherd on him!!!
Good thing I didn't cause he was holding my copy of the "Law of Self Defense" haha....

Thanks again Andrew I look forward to reading it

On a side note did you see the heated exchange between the judge and Mr. West last night right before they got out of court at 10pm?
WoW!!!

Colorado

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same of them"
- John Wayne
Post subject: Re: Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly l
Post Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:22 pm
Not Guilty verdict just announced! It's a shame GM had to go through a trial it seamed pretty clear cut SD to me.

Ranger 230
NRA Patron Member
”Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.”
~Benjamin Franklin
 Page 5 of 6 [ 77 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next