Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:26 pm
I have had my CHL for about 6 months and never leave home without my gun. On Thursday, my grassmower told me he would mow my grass on Friday instead of Saturday. Knowing he wants cash, I got up early on Friday, in tee shirt and sweat pants, and headed for the bank. I figured at 6 in the morning it would be quick and easy. As I pulled into the parking lot I saw a small silver car parked in the back, but didn't think anything of it, just kept it in mind. I got out of my car and as soon as I got to the ATM, the silver car started up and pulled 2 spots away from my car. As I turned and walked back to my car I reached up and stretched and took my sunglasses off the top of my head. As I did that my gun peeked out from under my shirt. The silver car started up, backed out and left. I went on home. I told this story to both pro gun and anti gun members of my family and they all agreed that I probably missed out on some serious trouble. I wasn't brandishing, and I didn't even have to pull my gun out. It just let them know I had it. I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I had to, but this time I didn't have to. I think my gun saved my life.
Post subject: Re: almost trouble
Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:37 pm
Makes me wonder how that would have gone down had you been open carrying.

Proud Member of the NRA, Crossbow Nation, Buckeye Firearms Association, Ohio Freedom Alliance

So! This is how liberty dies...With thunderous applause.
Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:48 pm
megthered:

You could be right.... You probably did scare somebody off. Could have been casing the ATM, waiting for an employee to force inside, etc., but it doesn't sound like the little silver car was up to anything good.

Probably too late now, but a call to the PD may have been in order. Perhaps the BG in the silver car was one of Toby Hoover's minions, who like to make MWAG calls....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:28 am
Buckeye Dan wrote:
Makes me wonder how that would have gone down had you been open carrying.

The car would have stayed where it was.

What does a caring, sensitive
person feel when they are forced
to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.
Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:07 am
And here folks we have just another PROBABLE DGU that will go pretty much undocumented, other than here that is.

I'd like to repost the OP to other forums outside of Ohio, if I may.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:07 pm
Please post it where ever you want. I told everyone in my family, but I never thought of calling the police. Probably should have.
Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:33 am
megthered wrote:
Please post it where ever you want. I told everyone in my family, but I never thought of calling the police. Probably should have.

You still CAN, they often have security cameras that may have the silver car on tape, they can check the other banks too once they have a heads up.

Bill

America NO LONGER held hostage by ZERO the lying dictator.......:-)

Ohio, a government of the unions, by the unions, for the unions
Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:37 am
I've gotten into the habit of reading license plates the last few years.I even get photos of tags of people comin to open house (my sister's place in Clark co),the realtor even liked the idea.Anymore,if a person's not observant of their surroundings,they can get in a bad situation.
Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:58 pm
Interesting ... and first-off glad you are safe. I say trust your gut in situations like that absolutely. We have insticnts that we shouldn't ignore.

I would be interested to see if you were unable to merely raise your cover garment by "stretching," if other folks have other "tactical" suggestions given the same situation how they would have displayed their sidearm without drawing? I wonder if looking directly at them and hitching your shirt up behind the grip is the same as "brandishing" or "menacing." What about getting a firm grip with out drawing? If you are in reasonable fear for your life I wouldn't think so. What do you think?

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:38 pm
hackleshinn wrote:
I've gotten into the habit of reading license plates the last few years.I even get photos of tags of people comin to open house (my sister's place in Clark co),the realtor even liked the idea.Anymore,if a person's not observant of their surroundings,they can get in a bad situation.

With all the breakins and mid day robberies around my county ive been doing the same. You never know. Every car driving by could be someone casing my families property.

Should go back and sit. See of that silver car shows back up and tries it with any other customers.
Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:19 pm
I think it is utterly absurd that we concealed carriers should look at exposing a concealed handgun as some sort of tactical manuever that might prevent an attack from even happening.

That's the same sort of BS the open carriers have been spouting for years!

It's just outrageous to suggest that they may be right!

Oh, wait.

I'm an open carrier.

Never mind. :oops:

Recoil.
Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:53 pm
since Open carry is allowed in OH I think as soon as I felt the gut say problem my shirt would have just gone inside my holster to change from concealed carry to open carry..... of course we loose our concealed advantage but.... comments?
Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:22 pm
phillip wrote:
since Open carry is allowed in OH I think as soon as I felt the gut say problem my shirt would have just gone inside my holster to change from concealed carry to open carry..... of course we loose our concealed advantage but.... comments?

You may lose your concealed 'advantage', but you suddenly gain your open carry 'advantages'.

If it's exposed, you may be able to draw more quickly.

If the bad guys see it, and don't want to risk getting shot, they will avoid you.

Recoil.
Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:21 pm
:mrgreen: Most of the time I open carry! :surp:

When I am in a situation where danger might present itself, I really try to be hyper alert and I don't care if someone sees my weapon. I really don't want to shoot anyone, just to be left alone to go home. :ugeek:

The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way!
Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:31 pm
It is a fact. Criminals prefer unarmed victims.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]