Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Two disrupt the paths of legally flying lead
Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 am
I love a story with a happy ending. However I think I would have made the 911 call and then concentrated on being a "good witness".
The goblins' families are trying to make them out as "good boys" but the people in the neighborhood say otherwise.

2 Robbery Suspects Shot, Killed Outside Convenience Store In Reading

Quote:
“These two men came into the store, guns drawn. Clearly they threatened the owner and terrorized the owner with these guns,” Berks County District Attorney John T. Adams said.

The men were leaving with cigarettes, money and lottery tickets when they were confronted by a friend of the store owner who lives nearby. Police say he had been working in the basement when he heard the commotion.

“He told these individuals to stop and ‘I’m calling the police’ and that’s when these individuals drew their guns,” Adams said.

The concerned citizen pulled a gun. He is licensed to carry and shot both robbers in the chest, a shooting police say is justified.

Pictures released of suspects in deadly Reading robbery

Quote:
Friends and family of the dead suspects have identified the two as 24-year-old William Medina and 18-year-old Robert DeCarr.

They tried to portray the two as good hard working men. However, others in the rough Reading neighborhood say the two got what they deserved.

Day after botched robbery, dissimilar lives intersect at Ninth and Exeter streets
Quote:
The man, whose name police withheld, was working in the basement of the building that houses the store, investigators said.

After he came out the door on the side of the building in the portion that houses apartments, he heard the owner sounding distressed, they said.

He walked to the front of the store and saw one of the robbers pointing a handgun at the owner and a female customer, police said.

The man waited and the robbers came out of the store single file, police said. One of the robbers turned toward the man, raised his weapon and was shot by the man, police said. The second robber, who had turned toward Exeter Street, turned around, raised his weapon and was shot by the man, police said.

About nine hours later, Reading police arrested the man they said was the get-away driver in his Fleetwood apartment.

Sounds like a place where I'd wear my side arm in the shower just for peace of mind.
Quote:
Longtime residents of the neighborhood, many of whom go to the store daily and know the owner by his first name, had more sympathy for him than for the families of the robbers. The neighbors said he has been robbed several times.

They said they are concerned about crime and a deteriorating quality of life, including trash left in the streets, which they attribute to an influx of newer residents who don't have the same respect as their predecessors.

Last week a 63-year-old woman was mugged by armed robbers who knocked her down and stole her purse while she was walking home from work about 1:30 a.m. at 11th and Exeter streets, two blocks from Krick's Korner.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post subject: Re: Two disrupt the paths of legally flying lead
Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:36 am
This one has really got me steamed.
It almost looks like the perps' families are about to hire the publicist that TM's family hired to whitewash his record and then, after a year, push this guy into being charged for homicide in a good shoot.

Families want justice for suspects killed after robbery of Krick's Korner store in Reading

Quote:
READING, Pa. - Family members of the two masked men shot to death after allegedly robbing a store in Reading spoke out Tuesday.

"It's not fair," said Virginia Medina, mother of 24-year-old William Medina, who police said robbed Krick's Korner store alongside 18-year-old Robert De Carr on Monday.

The two men were shot and killed by a private citizen while leaving the store, and family members want to see charges pressed.

"[William] had no right to lose his life over something that man could have called the police for," said Medina. "He took the law into his own hands and walked away scot-free."

"How about if people just start running around here, policing the city on their own? How much worse is it going to get?" said Peter Ratel, Medina's cousin.

IMHO - "Better" and "worse" are relative things and probably have opposite meanings depending whether or not you're a LAC.
I'm pretty sure that the wolf and the sheep have totally different opinions of the concept of "lamb stew".

Notice that the pictures being published of the perps are morphing into much better to look at depictions?

AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:00 am
Looks like they got Justice. Two less wastes of oxygen walking around.

Quote:
"It's not fair," said Virginia Medina, mother of 24-year-old William Medina

Should have raised your child to not grow up to be filthy scum. It's 100% "fair" for the rest of us in society.

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:49 pm
I want to see the video. Releasing it should shut the families up too.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:20 pm
There are two lines of thought.
1: is to take action, but of course action has risk to you and others.
2: take no action, be the "good witness", Inaction also has risks.. If they kill the clerk or others
You have to live with the thought that you might have been able to stop it.

This is a personal call, Each situation will be different.

More often then not I think I'd pick #1, I've been the good witness before and in at least one case
it ended with the death of the suspect, followed about a month later by the suicide of the shooter.

I was unarmed at the time, I reported to police, they didn't show up 25mins later someone was dead.
So you see my faith in being a good witness is pretty damn low.

Oh and the criminal is always a "good boy" very rarely will you find a mother or family member willing to
say anything other then that.
Maybe it's because they love them, Maybe it's because they've spent so much time that they've seen the good side
no one is completely "bad" (well almost no one), Or maybe because if they say anything other then thy was "good" that they might suffer some guilt, Denial.

It's easy to believe they was "Good" and (maybe made a mistake) and was murdered unjustly.. it's easier to hate the one who killed them.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:41 pm
Well......like the old saying goes.....sometimes you have to lay in the bed ya made.
In this case its a coffin(s)!

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 pm
Now the jackals' families are whining that it's not fair that some of their prey can fight back.
If they hadn't pointed their guns at him they'd probably still be alive.

Family of Criminals Want to Sue Hero Who Stopped Them

Quote:
It's not fair," said Virginia Medina, mother of 24-year-old William Medina, who police said robbed Krick's Korner store alongside 18-year-old Robert De Carr on Monday.

The two men were shot and killed by a private citizen while leaving the store, and family members want to see charges pressed.

"[William] had no right to lose his life over something that man could have called the police for," said Medina. "He took the law into his own hands and walked away scot-free."

"How about if people just start running around here, policing the city on their own? How much worse is it going to get?" said Peter Ratel, Medina's cousin.

The family members said they are hurt by comments suggesting the alleged robbers were "thugs."

It never ceases to amaze me that predators and their ilk can't understand why they don't have a right to steal and rob.

AlanM
Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:53 am
AlanM wrote:

crime drops double digits within a week.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:26 pm
grumpy cat says "good"!

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:24 pm
Bottom line: these 2 "pillars of the community" we're actually impersonating a human being. If you go into a store with a mask on showing a weapon, you are not in there just to buy some smokes and cash a lottery ticket.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]