Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Straw purchaser found guilty in NY state
Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:19 am
From Rochester,NY TV news:
Greece woman found guilty in connection with West Webster tragedy

Quote:
There was a guilty verdict Tuesday for the woman who bought the guns that were used to kill two firefighters and injure two others in the line of duty. It was a tragedy that began with a reported car fire and ended with three lives lost.

A jury found Dawn Nguyen guilty on a charge of falsifying business records. The jury's decision meant that they felt Nguyen filled out the paperwork to buy the guns used in the West Webster tragedy and intended to give them to the suspected gunman, William Spengler. Police say William Spengler set a fire outside his home on Lake Road in Webster and then used the guns to fire at four West Webster firefighters who responded to calls for that fire. Two firefighters, veteran Mike Chiapperini and 19-year-old Tomasz Kaczowka, were killed. Ted Scardino and Joseph Hofstetter survived the attack. Spengler's sister, Cheryl Spengler, was also killed.

Quote:
Nguyen was convicted of lying on paperwork when buying two guns at Gander Mountain in 2010. The jury believes she really was buying those guns for William Spengler, a convicted felon and the gunman in the West Webster ambush.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post subject: Re: Straw purchaser found guilty in NY state
Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:34 am
Alan:

Interesting....

Now Bloomie will use that to protest already illegal straw purchases.... And probably send out more of his minions to muck up honest dealers....

Given that two years appear to have gone by between the purchase and the use of these guns, I'd like to know what happened in the meantime. Generally, giving somebody something a year or so after purchase ought to require a considerable amount of proven premeditation to show it as a straw purchase. Or some seriously poor judgement....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post subject: Re: Straw purchaser found guilty in NY state
Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:38 am
SMMAssociates wrote:

Given that two years appear to have gone by between the purchase and the use of these guns, I'd like to know what happened in the meantime. Generally, giving somebody something a year or so after purchase ought to require a considerable amount of proven premeditation to show it as a straw purchase. Or some seriously poor judgement....

Given the outrage over this horrible crime, I wonder if she was going to be found guilty no matter what. Two years seems kind of iffy to me. I wonder if they decided that she was a horrible person and should be punished for ... something, anything.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]