Forum rules

The presence of an ad for services here, such as, but not limited to, Concealed Carry classes, does not imply that the BFA endorses, supports, or has vetted the instructor, agency, course, or content. See http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8028 for more.

Please refer to he Class/Event Posting Rules at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16733.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: BFA Buckeye Blast 2017 at TDI...
Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:24 pm
I see no mention of this year's event listed here or on the main site. Being a match volunteer I know when it's scheduled to take place, but didn't want to jump in with specifics. I do know that the slots always sell out within a day or two of the official announcement. So for those of you who'd like to attend, visit the main site frequently. By the time anybody posts about it here, it will probably be sold out.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post subject: Re: BFA Buckeye Blast 2017 at TDI...
Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:32 pm
Was sort of hoping for a reply by now from a BFA official.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 pm
JEaton did contact me elsewhere to say that the TDI event was sold out in a few hours time, two months ago or whenever they posted it.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:24 pm
I'm glad you got a response. I saw this thread but I don't know anything about the event other than they do it once a year.

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:58 am
BFA does the Buckeye Blast at TDI every other year; OFCC has an event there in the alternating years for a similar fundraising shoot.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:03 pm
So, anybody on this forum going to Buckeye Blast this Sunday? Doesn't seem to draw the forumites here like when OFCC does the Fun 'n' Gun there in even numbered years.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 am
Brian D. wrote:
So, anybody on this forum going to Buckeye Blast this Sunday? Doesn't seem to draw the forumites here like when OFCC does the Fun 'n' Gun there in even numbered years.

I don't visit this forum often, but I was there Sunday. Great event, and picked up a few tips to improve my shooting from the TDI instructors.

Plus it was fun to take out the instructor in the force on force event :lol:
Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:49 pm
Which squad were you in, tech74? My friend Rob and I were running group B. All the range safety officers will be electronically conferring a bit to see what went right and wrong. Since nobody else is using this thread for much, feel free to give your take on the Buckeye Blast here. If there are improvements we can make, we want to know.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 pm
My wife and I were there again this year. two years ago I had had to drop out at the last minute, after the no refund policy had kicked in. Nancy and I were in squad "D".

That was fine with me. Good cause and all.

I go to the Fun n Gun too. No such thing as a bad day at TDI.

Can't believe Brian D is still using my quote after all these years!

It's a good one.

"The police are not here to create disorder. They are here to preserve disorder".
Mayor Richard Daley 1968
Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:40 am
Yeah, that quote from you still resonates today, with me at least.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:52 pm
I was in group F. Started in the force on force drill, then did all the IDPA type drills, then finished at the range with the qualification run. All of it was fun.

Personally, I'd like a second force on force, maybe dropping one of the IDPA drills in the LFH so we could do that. It's more challenging and realistic. One problem with all the IDPA drills is they are more of a game than like real life - "use cover" but putting 2 squared shoulders out in the open beyond cover won't work in real life. Even though this was a fun event I was using it as a training event to make myself better.

tech74
Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:54 pm
I'll pass along your suggestion about less IDPA, more F-o-F. To be honest I believe TDI was a little short on their supply of staffers this time, it is the very beginning of the season out there.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:39 pm
I agree with tech74 that most people did not use their cover in the IDPA stages.,

But that did not stop me from using my cover, using drop outs, etc.
I am not out to win the game, just to reinforce good habits.

It might be hard (but not impossible) for TDI to do more force on force, since there is only one force on force house.

"The police are not here to create disorder. They are here to preserve disorder".
Mayor Richard Daley 1968
 Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]